Whipped Into Shape: Part Two

"...Iwasgettingliposuction." Tessa mumbled.

"What?"

"Iwasgettingliposuction."

"I'm sorry I couldn't hear you."

"I WAS GETTING LIPOSUCTION!" Magnus gasped. "It's so shameful." Tessa put her face in her hands.

"Mrs. Herondale your time is up." A security guard said taking her by the arm, and pulling her away.

"Your secret is safe with me, Tessa!" Magnus called after her, and with that she taken away.

"Magnus!" Alec shouted, coming back into the room followed by Morgenstern and the other three students.

"Where's Tessa?" Morgenstern asked.

"The guard took her away, but I got the alibi." He explained.

"You're kidding? So what is it?" Morgenstern asked.

"Oh, I can't say."

"Why not?" he asked frustrated.

"Because I promised her." Morgenstern opened his mouth then shut it. "But look, Tessa really didn't have anything to do with this. Think about it, Tessa's a fitness queen, exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, and happy people just don't shoot their husbands."

"Magnus, are you serious?" Annabelle asked crossing her arms. "If you don't give us the alibi, then we will all lose this case!"

"Then we aren't very good lawyers." Magnus stated. Malcolm came behind Magnus and touched his shoulder.

"Babe—" Magnus whipped his head around and kissed his teeth. Malcolm retracted his hand. "Magnus, look, give Morgenstern the alibi, and then your career will be set! You'll graduate and have a job waiting for you!"

"But I gave her my word—"

"So what! Who cares?"

"Alec?" Morgenstern called out. Magnus had forgotten he was there in the midst of the commotion, but the blue eyes boy stepped forward. Morgenstern called him over, but he was speaking loudly enough for everyone else to hear. "Alexander let me be very clear. This is your chance to correct yourself. I gave you simple instructions to lead this legal team and give me an alibi. You are zero for two." Alec nodded, and looked at his shoes. Morgenstern turned to everyone else, who were pretending not to have overheard anything that was just said.

"Everyone, field trip's over, let's get back to work!" he shouted marching everyone out of the jail visiting area. As Alec and Magnus tried to leave, Morgenstern stopped them. "Except you two. I'd rather not see Malibu Ken Doll, or Ratty Corduroy again today." Then Morgenstern left, leaving Magnus and Alec alone. Alec sighed, and sat down at one of the silver tables, ripping his tie off.

"Alec, I'm sorry."

"I don't need you to apologize." he said angrily. He looked up at Magnus. "I need you to give me the alibi."

"Well I can't! I gave her my word!" Alec huffed and ran his fingers through his black hair. "Look having an alibi isn't the only way of winning this case."

"No, but it sure would help!"

"Work with me here! We can free Tessa the right way, the noble way."

"This is not a LifeTime Original Movie, Magnus! I'm not interested in nobility right now. I'm more interested in saving Tessa's life!"

"No you're not! You're more interested in impressing Morgenstern!"

"Well he's my boss, and if I impress him then he might make me associate!"

"By jeopardizing our client's trust and our integrity!?" Alec went to go argue, but he stopped himself. He rubbed his eyes.

"Well when you put it like that."

"Exactly." Magnus said. He sat down next to him. "My word means something, and I know yours does too." Alec looked at him. Magnus bumped his shoulder, and Alec smiled. "Come on, Lightwood. Let's get out of here.

"Why do you always have to be right?" Alec asked mimicking what Magnus had said at one point to him.

"I don't have to be, but when I'm with you I just am." he said as they walked out of the jail. Magnus got an idea and stopped walking. He grabbed Alec's hand and turned him to face him. "I know a way you can impress Morgenstern." he said.

"How?" he asked suspiciously. Magnus patted Alec's chest.

"You know, I love your...scruffy vibe, but casual Friday is not in Morgenstern's vocabulary." Alec gave a short laugh. "You've got to look the part if you want to get ahead!"

"Magnus didn't anyone ever tell you not to judge a book by it's cover?"

"Someone did, but I also know that books with tattered covers stay on the self."

"Oh thanks a lot!" Alec said with a smile. Magnus laughed.

"Hey, this isn't a perfect world, Alexander. You don't think I've been judged my whole life? Do you think it was my idea to make navy my new pink?" he asked motioning to his plain navy shirt.

"Where are we going exactly?"

"You trust me don't you?" Magnus asked.

"Of course,"

"Then don't stop now."