Legally Blonde

When Magnus got to his dorm he noticed Alec waiting, just like he said he would be.

"There he is: Inter of the Year." Alec joked, but then he noticed Magnus crying, and his smile disappeared. He took a step towards him, but Magnus stumbled back, not wanting anyone to touch him. Alec took the hint, and stepped away.

"Thanks for your help and for everything you did for me." Magnus thanked. "Thank you especially for treating me decently."

"What's wrong?"

"Maybe someday you can come down to visit. Give me a call and say hello." Magnus tried to bypass Alec, but Alec placed his hand on the door.

"Where are you going?" he asked. Magnus turned and walked a few steps away.

"I'm sorry if I'm letting you down. You did your best with this hopeless case." Magnus turned back to Alec, who had walked up behind him. He placed a hand on his face. "You were the best thing about this place."

"Magnus you should know that—"

"Morgenstern hit on me." he said cutting him off. Alec stood in shock.

"He did what?"

"He kissed me, and then when I pushed him away, he fired me. He made it very clear that I don't belong here." Magnus tried to pass Alec again, and this time he let him, but before he could run into his room, Alec said,

"He's wrong. We can fix this. We can fight him—"

"Alec please." Magnus begged, placing his hand on his chest. "There's no reason for me to stay." With that, he closed the door between them. Magnus pressed his forehead against the door.

"Magnus?" Alec called through the door. Magnus sniffled. "Maybe if I made it more clear, that you belong here...with me, then maybe you'd stay. If only you knew that-" Alec stopped, and Magnus could tell that he was hesitating, after a second he said, "-that I'm in love with you." Magnus pushed himself off the door, and turned to face it.

"I can't stay here. I've got to go back." he told him through the closed door. "Back to what I was before."

"Please open the door, Magnus." Alec pleaded. "We both know you're are worth so much more than this."

"Some people fight hard." Magnus shouted at him. "Some people are strong enough to face people like that, but people like me...we're just meant to sit pretty and smile." Magnus placed his forehead back on the door.

"If you can hear me, I just want you to know how much I want you to stay." Alec said one last time.

"It's not up to me, Alexander."

"I need you to stay." he could hear the other boy whisper.

"Just let me be."