Find My Way

Magnus turned to face Malcolm, who had his hands in his pocket, and his head hanging.

"Back when I said I couldn't take you seriously...I was wrong." he said putting an end to the silence.

"Thank you, Malcolm." Magnus thought that was it for the conversation, but Malcolm took a step forward.

"You showed me that we are perfect for each other. You showed me who we could be. So, Magnus," Malcolm got down on one knee. "Will you marry me?" Magnus opened his mouth in shock. He was not expecting a proposal.

"Oh, Malcolm. Annabelle dumped you didn't she?" Malcolm lowered the ring, and stood up. He sat on the edge of the table, and Magnus stood in front of him. "You know, I dream of this, but now," Magnus touched his arm. "My answer is thank you, but no. Look I've barely begun my life. Before Harvard I was living in ignorant bliss, but I came here and I learned that I could be more than a 'Malibu Ken Doll'." Malcolm and Magnus both laughed. "And in a way, I owe it all to you. I thought losing your love was the end of everything for me." Magnus held out his hand, and Malcolm took it. He lead him off the desk, and to the front of the courtroom. Magnus and Malcolm turned to face out towards the audience. "Look how far I've come without anyone holding my hand. I had to find my way ever since you broke my heart. But that day when you broke up with me, you gave me a key. You handed me the chance to change my life. And there is still so much I need to learn, so many dreams I have to chase, and even if a fail everyday, I think I'm here to stay." Magnus looked at Malcolm, who nodded. Magnus hugged Malcolm. "Thank you. Without you I wouldn't have gotten to where I am right now."

Magnus and Malcolm walked out of the courtroom, and went their separate ways. Malcolm had walked out of the building but Magnus spotted Alec sitting on a bench in the hall.

"Darling." Magnus said, sitting down next to him on the bench.

"Magnus." Alec responded, with a smile. "You won."

"No, we won." Magnus corrected him. The sat in silence. Magnus leaned his head on Alec's shoulder. "Malcolm proposed to me." Alec stiffened, but Magnus lifted his left hand and flashed his ringless finger. He sat up right, and repositioned himself on the bench so that his was facing Alec. He did the same.

"Why'd you say no? I thought that's what you wanted? You came here for love, didn't you?" Alec said, pretending that everything he had told him yesterday had never happened, but it did happen.

"Yes, and I found it." Magnus cupped Alec's face, and kissed him. He pulled away pressing their foreheads together. "I found my way to love."