Chapter 1: After Curfew.

Aurora stared at the ground as the lecture from her father began.

She hadn't meant to stay out past curfew, but she didn't want to disappoint her friends. They'd wanted to go to a party and Aurora didn't have the heart to say no. So, she went to the party and lost track of time.

She nodded as her father continued his lecturing, though she really didn't hear him. She had her mind on a boy she'd met at the party. He had long dark black hair that covered his forehead and the most beautiful green eyes covered by thick lenses. The glasses made him even more attractive to Aurora. He was different from the other boys.

"-okay? Aurora, are you even listening?"

Aurora blinked, returning to the present. "Yes, father."

He sighed, pushing a platinum blond lock, which was the same shade as Aurora's, out of his eyes.

She looked at her father. He looked so worn out and worried. She'd have to make this up to him.

"I'll just go up to my room now," she sighed.

He simply nodded in reply.

She walked down the long hallway and up the stairs to her room. Their house wasn't huge, but it wasn't small either. It was homey, with pictures of Aurora on the walls.

She sighed as she reached her door. It was decorated with light purple sparkles and light pink butterflies. She pushed it open and made her way to the bed, jumping over a few piles of clothing. When she reached her pink cotton comforter, she laid down and quickly fell asleep.