Chapter 3: Meet the Friends.

After a long and boring English class with Mrs. Tanger, Aurora invited Adam to eat lunch with her and her friends.  Adam agreed and smiled brightly, his green eyes sparkling.  Aurora lead him to the back cafeteria where it was less crowded.  She'd always liked the back cafeteria, for it was so open and empty.  So by the end of freshman year, the table by the windows became theirs.

When Aurora made it to the cafeteria, she led Adam to the table.  James and Katherine sat there, waiting for Aurora.  Trevor and Alexis had the other lunch, so they wouldn't be joining them.  Katherine smiled as she saw Adam walking beside Aurora.  James, on the other hand, looked quite shocked that Aurora was with a boy.  Even though she was the prettiest girl in school, she didn't really talk to that many boys.

When they finally arrived at the table, Aurora started the introductions.

"Katherine, James, this is Adam.  Adam, this is Katherine, and that is James," she said, pointing as she introduced each person.

Adam gave them a small wave.

James and Katherine smiled in return.

"So, Adam's sitting with us today," Aurora stated.

"Alright," Katherine said cheerfully.

They took their seats and the was a slightly awkward silence.

"So," James said, "how did you two meet?"

Adam glanced at Aurora. "We have all of the same classes."

"Really?" James questioned, shocked.

Adam nodded.

Katherine clapped her hands together. "That means you'll be spending lots of time together!"

Aurora rolled her eyes.  She knew exactly where this conversation was going.

"I suppose." Adam said with a grin.

"So, I guess you'll be a part of group now?" James asked.

Adam and Aurora shrugged.

"If you want me to be." Adam said.

"Consider yourself part of us!" Katherine exclaimed with a smile.

Adam laughed. "Okay."

Katherine grabbed her phone from her pocket and typed a quick message.  She looked at Aurora and winked.

Aurora's phone vibrated and she read the message from her best friend.

I know you like this boy.  And I think you should let him see the artistic side of you. ;)

Aurora typed back a short message.

I will.  We're paired together for an English assignment.

Katherine looked at her phone and then to Aurora.  She smiled and winked at her.

Aurora's phone vibrated once again.

Best of luck.