Epilogue

"As he hold me tight I can't help but to close my eyes and just thank God. She said, thank God that we weren't accidentally married. Thank God that we were married for the right reasons and this is it." I flipped to the next page and began to read the next line, "What if we were really got married by accident. Will you sign those annulment papers? She asked her husband ---"

"What are you doing?" Napatigil ako sa pagbabasa nang dumating ang asawa ko. I looked at my wife who just went home from work, "Is that a new manuscript?"

She walked towards to me and welcomed me with a kiss, "Yes, Baby."

"Wow, congratulations!" She embraced me so tight, "I knew you can figure it out. So, how was it? What's the story is all about?"

Napakagat ako sa labi at binasa ang title ng kwento, "CRS?" She asked, "What does it stands for?"

I just shrugged my shoulder, "Actually isa iyan sa tanong ko kanina. I thought I would be able to know the reason why that was the title but apparently, it was just a name of the company of the leading man."

"Have you finished reading it?"

"Hindi pa naman."

She smiled at me, "Then you'll see. Malay mo nasa dulo ang sagot." She kissed me once again and it lead to another.

When the heat subsided and my wife fell asleep. Binuksan ko ang lampshade at kinuha ang manuscript. Tama naman siya, hindi ko malalaman ang sagot sa tanong ko hangga't hindi ko natatapos.

'What if we were really got married by accident. Will you sign those annulment papers?' She asked her husband.

'No,' he replied. 'If marrying you was an accident then it was the greatest accident I would love to repeat'

She looked at him in awe, with love so great and powerful, as she answered, 'Me, too.'

Accident.

Is there really such a thing or it was made as a compensation when things doesn't go the way we planned it to be?

I closed the manuscript upon reading it. I sighed and massage my temples. I've read a lot of stories before because it is my job, but this one literally makes me ask questions. Which I don't do.

I used to reject manuscript rather than asking questions. Mahirap kapag ako ang nagtanong, hindi sagot ang hanap kundi panibagong tanong din.

I just can't shut up until I'm satisfied with the answer. I felt my wife moved, she embraced me tightly. "Bakit gising ka pa?" She asked with raspy voice.

"I just finished it."

Napatingin ito at napangiti, "Have you got your answer?" I nodded my head sideways, "Maybe it wanted to teach you that there are things better left unsaid, Hon."

"Maybe." I kissed her forehead, "Let's sleep." I turned off the light and embraced her tightly.

"If you're really bothered about it, then why not ask for the author?" She said before drifting back to sleep as I held her in my arms.

That's what I did. He wasn't the author but he was the one who gave it to me.

"CRS?" I asked him and handed back the manuscript I read, "I can't understand, anong meaning ng CRS sa story? Is it because doon nagkakilala si Lee at Mila?"

He smiled and looked into it, then just placed it on the table, "Dad." He looked at me with those very familiar eyes because I have the same.

"It's not the title, Claude." He said, "But it was the writer's name."