Chapter 35: Death

Ken has been charged with kidnapping and sexual assault in which he was convicted guilty while Maribel was charged with kidnapping, assault and attempted murder in which she was acquitted.

Iyon ang nangyari sa huling hearing kanina. Even though she didn't think Maribel would get acquitted in what she has done, kailangan niyang tanggapin na marami na siyang hindi alam sa dating kaibigan.

Their lawyer advised them to go home, ito na daw ang bahala sa susunod na kailangan gawin. As much as they wanted to appeal, hindi na maari due to double jeopardy.

And that's what they did. Hindi rin gusto ni Wesley na magtagal pa sila. They were informed and reminded by the doctor to stay away from stress.

This was supposedly the last, but this happened.

"Are you okay, Baby?" He asked as they walked towards their ride.

Ngumiti siya rito at tumango, "Oo naman. I'm okay," She answered, "Palagi mo na lang ako tinatanong niyan. Why is that?"

"I just want to know if you're okay." He answered and then sighed, "I'm sorry... It's just... I don't know what's going on with your mind. I'm kind of nervous..."

"I-I just feel scared, Wes. She got acquitted. It means she's free."

"Hindi na siya makakalapit sa'yo. I'll make sure of that." Pangako nito, "Don't be scared, I can protect you."

Napakunot ang noo niya sa tono ng pagkakasabi nito, tila may kinatatakutan pero kaagad din naman na naunawaan ito, "Hey, I'm not going anywhere." Tumango lang ito pero agad niyang hinarap muli ang mukha nito sa kanya. "Baby, look at me.."

And he did, tila nahihiya pa na salubungin ang mga mata niya, "Hindi ako mawawala." Agad siyang kinabig nito at niyakap nang mahigpit, "We're going to have our little family soon, Wes... That's what I'm thinking now, naiimagine kong kamukha mo ang anak natin."

He chuckled, "I want it to look more like you."

"Paano kung kamukha mo?" She pouted.

"Gagawa tayo ulit hanggang sa maging kamukha mo." Hinapas niya ito nang marahan sa dibdib na mas kinatawa nito. He pulled her again in an embrace, feeling safe and secured inside his arms.

"I love you, Wesley." She lovingly said, "I love you so much." He kissed her forehead and let his embrace be the reply.

Weeks passed by, they moved to Cebu. Wesley hired Letty, a wedding coordinator para matulungan sila para sa kasal.

Since her therapist encouraged her to go out and relax. Kailangan niyang subukan na gawin ulit ang mga makasanayan.

Sabrina was trying to convince her to hire a bodyguard or acquire a gun. Baka pagisipan niya ang bodyguard pero ang baril?

She might do more harm than good.

But, she considered what her therapist said. So, she used the opportunity to look for venues where they could grace their wedding. Hitting two birds in one stone.

Somehow, she didn't feel like someone is watching her. The therapy is working for her at mahalaga din na nandiyan si Wesley para sa kanya.