Eight ♡ | "A Mistake"

"Carter!? What are you doing!?!" I moved my arm from his tight grip and looked around.

We were in the janitor's closet.

"We need to talk." He said.

"Uhh okay...You couldn't have just told me that like a normal human being?"

"To be honest, I've just always wanted to do that, it's always in movies and books and I wanted to see if it would work."

I looked at him in disbelief, but then thought about it. "Yeah okay I get it because same here...but still OW!" I said rubbing my arm.

"Yeah I guess I could have been more gentle...but anyway like I said we need to talk."

"You're right." I said, shifting my focus down at the floor.

"What happened was...it was-" He started.

"A mistake right?" I blurted out.

I thought I saw a flash of confusion on his face after I'd said that, but I was probably making things up.

He hesitated before continuing. "Yeah, yeah it was just an in the moment thing."

"Definitely, I mean if you think about it nothing even really happened."

"Yeah."

I looked up to see him staring at me.

"A mistake." He said.

I repeated after him, "A mistake".

I wish I believed the words that came out of my mouth but I didn't.

Looking at him right now, I realized I felt the complete opposite of what I was saying. This whole time I'd been trying to convince myself that I didn't have feelings for him anymore but I did.

So it wasn't a mistake...not to me anyway.

Should I say something?

Yes.

No.

Yes.

I was about to open my mouth to speak when he broke eye contact to look at his phone. "We're ten minutes late." He said.

"Oh...yeah we should probably get to class." I replied.

Maybe that was a sign I should just keep my mouth shut about the whole thing.

We walked next to each other in silence as we made our way to the room.

He opened the door and walked in. I followed.

The class erupted in "Ohs" and "Ahs".

I rolled my eyes and Carter gave them the finger, which only made them laugh.

"Oh look at what we have here!" Ms. Taylor said.

"Yeah look at that! So what do we have here?" Lena asked with a smirk. I shot her a glare.

"Nothing, I uh...we uh..." I looked to Carter for help because apparently I was useless at the moment.

"Alycia's bag spilled everywhere and I was just helping her clean it up."

"Took that long?" Andrew asked.

"It was a lot of stuff." I pathetically replied.

"Oh how nice of you Carter!" Ms. Taylor gushed.

If anyone were to believe it, it would be her. She's too gullible for her own good.

"Well go on and take a seat, You haven't missed much!" She said, turning back to the board.

"I hate you. I hate you all." I said as we walked to our seats.

They all laughed again.

"I'm just so grateful to be of your amusement!" I said sarcastically giving them a thumbs up.

I finally got to the table and sat down.

I saw Lena open her mouth.

"Don't even."

She shrugged with a grin.

This was just fantastic.

Not only did I have to deal with my resurfaced feelings for Carter, but also with what seemed to be the whole school pushing for us to be together and I had a feeling that neither were going to stop anytime soon.