Twenty ♡ | "The Second Time's A Charm"

"Look around! This is where you'll be spending the next four years of your life, on the beautiful campus of UCLA!"

My eyes wandered in every direction as I took in the sight. Everything was so beautiful.

Our tour guide continued walking as he spoke, "Now we're approaching The Sunken Gardens formerly known as Dickson Court. The gardens have tons of trees which give the students here a nice, cool place to study and relax."

Katrina, the girl I'd gotten to know over the past hour leaned in and whispered, "Can you believe this? It's so pretty!"

"I honestly can't!" I replied in shock.

This tour was way better than I'd expected. I didn't realize how amazing this campus truly was.

Time passed and the tour came to a close.

Our group exchanged goodbyes and I headed off to temporary dorm.

On my way there I received a text message from Carter.

Where r u?

Headed to dorm, just finished tour wby

Ok good, Tyler and I will be outside waiting for u :)

K, see u then!

I put my phone away and continued walking. Today was only the second day of orientation and somehow I already felt pretty comfortable with getting around.

As I approached the building I saw Carter and Tyler waiting for me.

"Hey guys!"

When I reached them Carter gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and spoke, "Hey beautiful!"

"How was your tour?" Tyler asked.

"Amazing! I'm guessing you thought the same about yours?"

"Yes! I don't even care I didn't get into Berkeley anymore, this place already feels like home!"

"It really does, and as cheesy as it sounds I get to spend it with my best friend and my girlfriend." Carter said

"I call being the girlfriend!" Tyler joked.

We all laughed.

"Wanna go eat?" Carter asked the both of us.

We both simultaneously said yes.

Tyler checked his pockets before speaking, "Hold on, I have to go get my meal card from my dorm." He began jogging toward the housing entrance.

"Hurry up!" Carter called out.

"Now I'll make sure to take my time!" Tyler said before closing the door.

Carter rolled his eyes and laughed and I joined him.

We sat down at some benches a couple of feet away from where we were standing while we waited for Tyler to come back.

"Look at us." I said.

He chuckled, "What do you mean?"

"I mean look where we are! We're really here, at our dream school...together."

He grabbed ahold of my hand, "Feels like a dream doesn't it?"

I nodded, "And to think we weren't even talking to each other last year."

"I guess the second time's a charm?"

A huge smile spread across my face, "It really is, isn't it?"

After a couple of minutes Tyler came through the door.

Carter and I stood up and walked toward him, meeting halfway.

He held up the hand that had his meal card in it, "Got it!"

"Finally." Carter said sarcastically.

Tyler playfully pushed him and then came in between where Carter and I were standing, putting his arm around the two of us.

"So where are we off to?" He asked.

"Hmm...pizza?" I offered.

Carter and Tyler shared an approving look.

They both spoke, "Pizza sounds good."

We walked off with our arms around each other, smiling and laughing as we talked on the way.

In that moment everything was perfect.

I was happy.

In fact, we were all happy and I wouldn't have wanted to have it any other way.

A/N: Well there it is! The "ending" to my first ever book on Wattpad. I put quote marks around ending because there is still the epilogue, but as far as the main story goes it's technically over.

I hope you've all enjoyed reading! :)