Ten ♡ | "On The Count Of Three"

At the sound of the door, the both of us froze.

My hands, being smarter than my brain was at the moment, pushed Carter onto the floor.

I had forgotten my mom was supposed to be coming back today, although it was a bit earlier than she'd said.

The person stepped through the door and a huge sigh of relief escaped me.

It was only Cody. We both locked eyes and he looked down at Carter then someone came in behind him. It was a girl, one I'd never seen before at that.

I gave him the "I won't tell if you won't" look and he nodded, taking the girl up to his room.

For a junior in high school he sure did get around, but that was none of my business and I sure didn't want it to be.

Once I heard his door close I looked down at Carter who was still on the floor.

"You can get up now."

"I think you broke my arm...and every other bone in my body!" He complained as he stood.

"Oh don't be so dramatic."

"Whatever, anyways is it just me or do you not want to be here while Cody is doing that upstairs?"

He had a point. A very good one.

"Wanna go eat?" I asked.

All that pillow fighting had worked up an appetite.

"Yeah I'll drive." He said. "Wait..."

"What?"

"My phone is upstairs." He felt his pockets. "Yep and my keys."

I realized I didn't have my phone or keys either.

"So who's going to take one for the team?" I asked.

"Well it is your house...and I'm the guest so I'll just wait here." He said, plopping down on the couch.

I rolled my eyes. "Just come with me!"

"Why should we both have to suffer?"

"Maybe they're just talking..." I said, knowing that was a lie.

"We both know that's not true."

Before he could protest anymore I dragged him off the couch and onto the carpet.

"Ow! Rug burn!!"

"Well then get up and let's go!"

"Fine."

"The quicker the better." I said.

"On the count of three." He declared.

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

We both sprinted up the stairs and straight into my room wasting no time.

I scanned the room and spotted both of our phones.

I sang out loud to block any possible sounds that I didn't want to here.

La la la la la la la la la la la

Once I grabbed them both I turned to Carter.

"Got them?" I asked.

He nodded showing the keys dangling in his hand and we both ran out of the room, down the stairs and straight out the front door.

I closed it behind us and let out a sigh of relief.

I gave him his phone and he gave me my keys.

"Nice teamwork." He said.

We both looked at each other and laughed, realizing the ridiculousness of the situation.

After we calmed down I asked the hard hitting question. "So pizza?"

"Yeah pizza sounds good."