Fourteen ♡ | "I Do"

Tyler was the first to see me since Carter's back was facing me. We met eyes and he gave me a smirk, making me already regret my decision.

"Oh look who it is!" Tyler exclaimed, a little too enthusiastically.

At that, Carter turned around to see me approaching them.

It was at that moment I realized I had no idea what I was doing.

"Hey." Carter said with a smile, as I finally got to them.

"Hey." I said, returning the smile.

Tyler cleared his throat, awaiting his greeting.

"Hello Tyler."

"Hi Alycia, how are you?" He asked with a grin.

"I'm great Tyler."

"That's good Alycia, so uh listen I'm gonna go. See ya!" He darted across the room, leaving the two of us standing there alone.

"Having fun?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool, you?"

"Well I've only been at the food table, but as far as snacks go they're great!" I said with a chuckle.

He laughed. He looked so bright and happy tonight, not that he normally wasn't but it was amplified. I smiled at that.

He noticed.

"What are you smiling at?"

"You." I said. "I mean, you just look so happy, understandably."

"It feels like I'm on cloud nine to be honest. I think the whole team can agree, but standing here with you is making it even better."

I blushed and looked down, not knowing how to respond.

I looked over to the dance floor and was suddenly intrigued. I don't know what came over me in that moment, but my mouth opened.

I blurted it out, "Do you want to dance?" My eyes went wide and I babbled. "I mean...you don't have to I only meant if you wanted to but you know what it's fine you-"

"Yes."

"Wait, really?"

He chuckled. "Yeah, but just a forewarning I have no clue how to dance."

"Neither do I so this will be interesting." I replied.

Once we got on the dance floor we both followed the music and just moved.

I usually try to avoid dancing at parties, but now being here I didn't know why.

We swayed, danced and laughed, losing track of time.

"And you said you didn't know how to dance!" He yelled over the music.

"I could say the same for you!" I replied with a smile.

He just looked at me, which caused me to laugh before asking, "What?"

He said something but I couldn't hear him over the music so I asked, "Huh?"

He said it again, but I still couldn't hear him nor make out what he was saying.

I put my hand to my ear to show him I still didn't hear and then he suddenly grabbed my arm.

He led me from off of the dance floor and to a hallway of the house that was empty besides us.

I was confused as to why he'd done that but then he spoke.

"I said you're beautiful."

My mouth slightly opened in shock and I looked up at him.

I was stood against the wall in the hallway and he was a couple of inches away in front of me.

"You think so?"

"I do." He replied, moving in closer.

Our noses were practically touching, but before moving any closer he paused.

We locked eyes and I nodded my head.

Then it happened. 

He kissed me.

I felt the rapid beats of my heart as we connected. His hands moved to my face and mine around his neck, the warmth of him sending shivers throughout my body.

The millions of thoughts that were racing through my mind disappeared and there was only one, him.

Everything felt right.

With each second passing it grew more intense, his hands moving down to my lower back.

It felt as though our bodies were melting into each other, and in the best way possible.

He pulled away, catching his breath as I did the same.