Fifteen ♡ | "Look At You Two!"

It was the next day.

I woke up fairly late in the morning considering it was a Saturday.

I got up and headed to the shower. As I stood there with the water pouring down, it hit me.

Not the water, but what happened last night.

After the kiss, someone came out of a room in the hallway we were in which caused us to snap out of the moment. They'd walked down in the opposite direction of us and turned the corner, not even noticing we were there.

I looked back at Carter to see him smiling at me before speaking, "That was nice."

"Yeah, it was." I probably had the stupidest grin on my face but I didn't really care.

We both walked silently, but elatedly back into the main part of the party.

Before either one of us could do or say anything Melanie approached us.

She noticed the smile on my face and smiled herself before saying, "Hate to break this up, really...but we have to go."

"Why?" I asked confused. We'd only been here for an hour or so.

She pointed behind her and then I understood.

Half of the cheer team were slumped over on the couch, drunk.

"What happened?" Carter asked.

"I don't know, I just found them like that. I guess they got a bit too excited about the win."

Being that Melanie, Lena and I were the designated drivers of the night, neither of us had touched alcohol. We were responsible for getting them home tonight, so that's what we needed to do.

"I'll go get Lena and tell her. We'll meet you outside with the girls, okay?"

I agreed and she walked off.

"Looks like I have to go." I said, diverting my attention back to Carter.

"Yeah, but if it means anything I don't want you to." He said, stepping closer to me.

"Well, I'll see you Monday?"

"Yeah." He pulled me in for a hug, and I returned the gesture.

After we pulled apart I made my way outside to meet up with the rest of the girls.

A smile formed on my face as I remembered everything.

***

The time read three o' clock as I got into my car. Melanie and I were meeting up to get lunch which excited me because I was very hungry.

The drive there took about ten minutes and when I walked in she was already sitting.

"Hey!" I said as I sat down in the seat across from her.

"Hey girly!"

We both looked over the menus and ordered our food.

"Next time there's a party we definitely aren't going to be the designated drivers!" She said in an exasperated tone.

"Definitely not!" I said with a laugh.

It took us two hours last night to get everyone to their homes and by the time I'd got home myself I'd knocked out.

"So, time to spill! What happened with you and Carter last night?" Melanie asked, way to excited.

I told her everything that happened starting from the dancing and ending with the kiss.

She wiped a fake tear from her eye. "Look at you two! So proud!"

I laughed and shook my head.

"So have you talked to him today?"

"No, I haven't actually."

Should I have?

"Good, let him text you first and if he doesn't then let him approach you on Monday." She said in a sure tone.

Our food finally arrived after what felt like years. In reality it was fifteen minutes but when you're hungry time slows down.

We ate and talked some more and then parted ways.

Once I got back to my house I did some homework and watched a movie.

It had been a simple, yet great day.