3

Trixie POV

"It was nice meeting you! Thank you so much." I call, waving my hand.

"She was so nice!" Brian smiles as we carry on walking. "Meeting fans is so cute." He says.

He looked so cute. Smiling ear to ear, his teeth showing. He was wearing a yellow shirt and tight jeans. He looked good, as per usual.

My hand grabs his wrist, stopping him and myself from walking any more. "Let's go paint balling."

His mouth falls. "That's the most amazing, most random and most stupidest thing you've ever said." He laughs. "Why are you like this?" He adds.

I shrug. "I am everything. But we're going, you don't really have a say."

"I never do!" He sings, as he carries on walking.

I follow behind him. He is honestly, jokes aside, so adorable- I could cry! Okay, Brian. Hold it together. You can't say these things about your best friend. Especially with everything going on in your life right now.

"Pass me your phone." Brian's voice calls in front of me. "I have no storage and i want to take a picture," he turns around and starts walking backwards. "A selfie is what the kids are calling it these days." He slurs his words, resulting in me rolling my eyes.

I pull my phone from my pocket and hand it to him. "I'm honestly cringing out loud." I say as he holds my phone in front of our faces. I smile, as does he. Before he could press down onto my phone screen, a name and 'slide to answer' appear first.

Christian.

"I... one second." My eyes widen and i grab the phone from Brian's hand and brisk walk a bit behind where we both standing. I hold the phone against my ear, still walking so that he had no way of hearing.

"Hello?" I say. "Hi babe." The voice on the other side cheers. I take a deep breath. "I'm not your babe anymore, Chris." "Of course you are. You always will be."

I turn around and see Brian standing alone in the middle of the side walk, kicking around a rock - looking sad and alone. Oh my heart can't take it.

"Why did you call me?" I start to chew onto my little finger nail. "We haven't spoken since you broke up with me." I add.

"No, actually. I've spoken, you haven't replied." He corrects me. "You don't remember? You don't remember how much i've begged for you to take me back? I've called, facetimed, messaged, messaged you on snapchat, instagram, twitter... everything."

I chew on the inside of my cheek. "You broke up with me, Chris. One whole month ago."

"I know, Brian. But I-"

"I have to go. I'm with Brian." I say. I know that Chris didn't like the thought of me with Brian. Even though he didn't know Brian personally, he had a conspiracy theory that Brian and I were in love. That Brian liked me. It was crazy, really.

"Brian?" I hear the jealousy in his voice. "That's cool. Bye."

I put my phone back into my pocket and jog back over to Brian. "I'm sorry about that. It was... Chris. You know Chris?"

"I don't." He replies.

Oh that's right, i had never told my best friend about my boyfriend.

"You don't?" my heart beats fast. "My..." I breathe heavily. "My ex boyfriend."

"Ex? When did you break up?" He looks up from his phone, then back down after only a few seconds.

"Maybe... erm... about a month ago?"

"You were with him a month ago?!" Brian's voice suddenly rises in volume. "You had a boyfriend a month ago and i didn't know? How long were you together?"

This was the hard part. "Erm..."

"Tell me, Brian." Evident hurt shone through his words.

"1 year, 8 months and 12 days." I mumble.

He turns his phone off and looks me dead in the eye. "You got with him while you knew me, you stayed with him while you knew me and you broke up with him while you knew me. I didn't even know he existed, Brian." His voice cracks as he speaks but he tries to hide it. I can tell.

"I-"

He cuts me off before i can carry on. "I thought we were friends. I thought we were best friends." He tells me, his voice going back to the original tone and volume. "Guess not."

Before I can say anything, explain myself or try to apologise, he walks away from me. I would call or run after him if i didn't know, know for 100% that i was wrong.

{text messages}

me : brian
me : brian pls pls
me : i'm so sorry brian !!!
me : please call me when you see this.
me : at least message me so i know where you are
me : i don't know if i should come back to the hotel ?? where are you ?!
me : brian.
brian : i'm at the hotel.

I didn't know if i should go back, or if i should wait until he calls me himself. Looking at my watch, i realise it's now 7:30. It was still light outside although the sky had darkened slightly. I had nothing to do, nowhere to go.

I call him. It rings, rings, rings, rin-

"Hello?"

"Oh! Brian! I'm so sorry Brian." I shout into my phone. "Please let me talk to you."

"Not today. Not right now." He huffs on the other side. "I've asked for another room. You can come back and i guess we'll talk tomorrow when i'm forced to sit next to you on a plane for a few hours. But, right now... i don't think i can talk to you. Not about anything. So, goodnight."

A flat beep tells me that he had cut the call off.

I had really messed up this time.