Haveing a nightmear

You shot up from your slumber, trembling and shaking with fear. It was dark and still, the only sound in the room came from your erratic breathing. You leaned against the headboard, clutching the sheets below you.
"(Y/n)?" A raspy voice called quietly, followed by a short yawn.
You looked over at the man who lied next to you, 2-D. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes as he checked the time.
"Another nightmare?" He questioned, raising his eyebrows in concern.
You nodded, burring into his chest the second he beckoned you to with open arms. You couldn't stop yourself from crying as he cradled you in his arms, slowly rocking you back and forth.
"We can talk about it if yew'd like." He offered, nodding as you shook your head vigorously.
He continued to cradle you, his hand slowly creeping up your back and into your hair. He ran his fingers through every strand, placing his chin on your head.
"I'll take care..."
Eventually, he brought you back underneath the covers with his body wrapped around yours.
"Cause I know you'll be there..."
He looped your hair around his index finger, watching the curl he create unwind. He smiled softly as you yawned, scooting closer to bury your face into the crook of his neck.
"You seem very beautiful to me..."
He suddenly stopped singing when he heard your soft snores, smiling to himself. All he ever wanted was for you to be happy because he loved you, with all of his heart.