Chapter 24

Chapter 24:

"Every story has an end but in life every end is just a new beginning."

Emma POV

In the morning, I wake up from a delightful dream of a delicious, humungous burger. Suddenly, I want that for breakfast. I stretch and smooth my hand down Gabriel's chest. My stomach growls loudly and Gabriel chuckles against my neck.

"Morning, my love," he murmurs huskily.

"Morning," I whisper back. "I want a burger for breakfast. Can you get one for me?"

He laughs, pulling back to look at me more fully. "Are you crazy?" he asks, grinning. His smile fades when he sees my serious face. "You're serious," he says slowly.

I rest my head on his chest. "Of course I'm serious. I had a dream of the more scrumptious looking burger and now I want it."

He looks at the clock behind me. "You do realize it's only nine in the morning, right?"

"I know. But I want my burger."

He kisses my forehead and climbs out of bed, stretching. I watch his muscles at work, pulling and stretching enticingly. I grin like a Cheshire cat when I see my husband, in all his sexy glory in front of me.

He turns around and stops when he sees my face. "What?"

I giggle. "I can't seem to get used to the fact that I have a sexy husband that I can kiss and touch any time I like."

He grins wickedly. "Well, get used to it, Em. I'm all yours and you-" he bends over me- "are all. Mine." He kisses me deeply and I answer back hungrily. I loop my arms around his neck and muss up his already messy, bedhead hair.

I release a soft moan when he kisses that sensitive spot by my ear. "You're... You're gonna.." I moan.

"What was that?" he whispers huskily against my skin.

I close my eyes. "You're gonna... be late," I say, struggling to catch my breath.

He kisses me long and deep once more. "Alright, alright, I'm leaving."

I sit up in bed as I watch him walk into the bathroom. He jumps in for a quick shower and at his invitation, I join him.

He ends up being so much later to work.

I go for a doctor's appointment for a regular checkup later that day. I'd taken off from school to do this since they couldn't schedule an appointment after, later in the day.

My doctor does some blood tests, does the whole procedure and comes in to tell me that she thinks I may be pregnant.

I stare at her in shock, my brain not comprehending. "What do you mean?"

"We believe you may be pregnant," the doctor repeats.

I instinctively place a hand over my stomach. "Pregnant?" I repeats stupidly.

But how...? I was on the pill! How is this possible?

I tell my doctor my concern and she smiles at my baffled expression. "It happens sometimes. Birth control is only effective ninety-one percent of the time. It can happen if you forgot to take the pill once or twice."

I swallow hard. I'm not ready yet! I don't know the first thing about being a parent. I guess I had the next nine months to learn.

The doctor smiles at me, probably used to these reactions. "You'll probably want to make an appointment with your doctor sometime soon."