Useless!

"The process is simple. You just need to manage both the pressure and spacing." Your dad explains to the five year old you. "Here, you try."

You look at the window and tilt your head. Then, you take the yellow cloth and blue cleaning spray and start to clean.

"No no no. Pressure. Spacing." He places his hand on top of yours and moves your hand with his. His palm is pressed hard against yours and he takes slightly wide swipes in organized lines. "Do you think you can get it now?" He stops and looks at you.

"Yes." You squeak your answer and he smiles and ruffles your hair.

"Good girl." He laughs and then he glances at the clock. "Time for school. Come on," he takes all the materials out of your hands and guides you out of the house.

You guys hop into a sleek black minivan and the driver starts the engine

"Try to make some friends today, okay?" He gives you a slanted smile and you nod obediently.

Friends.

"Come on, I'll take you there." He grabs your hand and exits the car, bringing you along with him. You clutch onto his hand tightly and look around, seeing kids the same age as you. You even spot a few classmates, but they're all playing around with their friends. All of a sudden, your dad stops and then crouches down to look at you.

"I'll be back when school is over. Remember to make friends, okay?" He raises his eyebrows and you nod again. "Alright. Daddy's going to go now, okay?" He lets go of your hand and leaves your side. You suddenly feel so vulnerable. So open. So... lonely.

You feel tears starting to burn in your eyes as you walk over to your class. At least the teacher is nice. But she's not a normal everyday friend.

You enter the classroom and already, there are little students laughing and crying and playing. Some parents are holding a conversation with the teacher, so the teacher's not going to be someone you could talk to. You squeak a sigh and sit down at your circle shaped desk. There are three other people who sit at the same table as you, but they don't ever talk to you. But then, you notice a boy you've never seen before. A boy with black hair and icy cold blue eyes. (AOYAMA YOUNG VERSION HELL YEA BOIIIIII) You spot him scrubbing his desk with a cloth with all of his might and you can't help but wander over to see what he's doing.

"?" He doesn't say a word but just glances at you. Then he goes back to scrubbing and you realize that he's cleaning his desk. You watch as he scrubs and then you remember the words that your dad had spoken.

"Pressure. Spacing." You mumble out loud and then he turns his head towards you. His blue eyes meet yours.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one who can clean." He mumbles. His voice is a bit deep for a five year old, but it still sounds adorable. You watch as his bangs shift every time he scrubs and you immediately fall in love with him. Maybe he could even be your first new friend!

"Hey, do you want to be-"

"*Gasp* What are you doing!" A girl pops up out of nowhere and you shrink back and try to look as small and invisible as possible. The girl looks at you and smirks. "Oh. Mind your own business." She turns back to the boy and bombs him with a bunch of questions. The boy doesn't say anything. It's as if he didn't even hear anything. Maybe he's just like all the other kids. But one thing's for sure.

You 're in love with him.

And so everyday, you practice cleaning with your dad before school and you get better an better and better and better. Every night, you try to gather more and more courage. And then... finally, you have enough courage to speak to him. So you decide to speak to him the next day.

"Hmmm... it seems to be that Aoyama has left and transferred schools. For soccer reasons. It's quite sad that we couldn't say goodbye." The teacher smiles and the whole class groans. Especially the girls.

So that... that was all for nothing? Everyday, practicing. Every night, gaining courage. All for nothing?!