Remember...?

"Ahhh... I don't think I do. Sorry." You shrug apologetically and just stare at Zaizen.

"It's fine. Really, I should be apologizing to you after what I did back then..." he looks away from your gaze.

"What happened back then?"

"Uhm... you should ask your parents about that," he turns around and walks away.

You think about his words for a second before turning back to Aoyama.

"So... what are you doing here? Did you want to tell me something else?" You watch as he stops drinking from his water bottle and nods.

"I wish you could continue coming and attending the soccer club," he simply says.

"Don't worry, I'll continue coming." You just stare at him and a silence follows until Gotou comes over and hands Aoyama a towel.

"H- here you go, Aoyama-kun. I saved it for you." She blushes and looks away as she hands it to him.

"Thanks." He takes it and starts wiping his sweat on it. Hmmm... is that towel even clean? You start to walk away when suddenly, Aoyama says something.

"Do you play Beast Hunter?" He asks out of nowhere and you turn back to him again. Beast Hunter?! Don't tell me he plays....

"Yeah."

"Can I have your nickname? Maybe we can be friends in the game too." He hands the towel back to Gotou and she should really leave, but she stays.

"Are we friends even in the real world?" You tilt your head in question.

"Yes," he concludes.

"Then... give me your nickname. I'll find you."

"It's Aoi Sanmyaku, spelled A-O-I  S-A-N-M-Y-A-K-U."

"Ok, thanks. I'll make sure to find you later." You walk off and finally he doesn't call out again.

Time Skip:

"Oh my, how was your first day at soccer club?" Your mom hands you a cleaning cloth and you wipe the dining table clean.

"Here, I'll set out the dishes and utensils. You cooked the food!" She starts placing them on the table. "Don't worry, I washed my hands. Three times."

"What is that smell? It smells so good!" Your dad comes inside and sits down on a chair the opposite side of you.

"Today is fried rice with fluffy egg on top. I also added Sriracha sauce on top." You watch as both of your parents dig into the food.

"Ohhhhh myyy goodness!!! This is so good!~~~ My daughter's already the perfect housewife!" She places a hand to her cheek and smiles. Your eyebrows twitch a bit in frustration, but then suddenly you remember something.

"Mom, Dad, the team captain of the soccer team is named Zaizen. He seemed to know me from a young age and I can't remember seeing him before. He told me to ask you guys about it."

"Who?" Your mom looks confused.

"...Oh that Zaizen from when they were three! That cute little boy she always used to play with!" Your dad grins widely.

"Ahhh! I remember! So, he attends the same school as you? That's so coincidental!" Your mom grins too.

"So.. he just used to be a friend of mine? Is that all?" You look at both of them.

"Er..." your mom bites her bottom lip, "no....."

"You see, you guys got into an accident where Zaizen accidentally pushed you against a wall and your head got smashed open..." Your dad continues. "There was a lot of blood. Maybe that's why you don't remember him."

"But it's also most likely because I was too young to remember those occurences. How does Zaizen remember all of this? He was the same age as me." You tap your chin.

"Maybe he was so shocked at himself for doing that that he can't forget what happened." Your dad concludes and you slightly nod in agreement.

"I'll talk to him tomorrow." You dig into your own food and you smile at your good cooking.