Past to Present

"Hey hey! I'm on there!"

"Awww... not me..."

"Hey, can you check if my name's on there?" You ask Momo, who nods in response. She manages to squeeze through and read the list of names up close. She returns and gives you a thumbs-up with a sweet smile.

"Thank you." You smile back and she looks like she's about to cry. "What? What's wrong?"

"I haven't seen you smile in so long!!!" Tears pool at her eyes and you sigh with disbelief.

"You're going to embarrass yourself." You walk away and head to the classroom.

"Hey!!! Wait for me!!!!!!!!" She yells and runs after you.

Every day, cleaning. Every night, gaining courage. Has this all added up to something? You remember even after Aoyama left, you still cleaned. Maybe what made you do that was hope for him to come back. Or maybe you were just so used to it that it became a habit for you. But here, now, finally, this is where you wanted to be. But that was only when you were young. Now, things have changed. You don't have that same feeling from before. The only relationship you'll allow is friendship.

"L/N." A voice calls you out and you turn to see Aoyama taking even steps towards you with blue gloves covering his hand. A bunch of girls turn to look at him and hearts replace their eyes.

"Aoyama-KUN!!!~~~"

"I'm so done with this bxxxsxxx." You sigh and walk away from Aoyama as girls crowd around him and try to touch him. He dodges all of them skillfully and runs after you.

"Wait." He grabs your hand and drags you to the classroom. He then slams the door shut and locks it. "That'll keep them out." He sighs with relief and a bunch of knocks bang on the door.

"What is your purpose of doing this?" You brush off the spot where he touched you and sigh.

"Sorry for getting you dirty, but I need to talk to you." He stares at you and you can see the small five year old version in him again. That was why he seemed familiar. The same Aoyama who left you alone is here with him.

"What is it?" You stare back at him and he opens his mouth.

"You got recruited as part of our soccer club," he says loudly.

"I know that." You nod and wait for him to continue. But he doesn't. "Is that it?" You tilt your head in confusion.

"Yes. Sorry. I don't know why I wanted to be alone with you," he says blankly.

"Okay. Well I think you should open the door now. Other people might start coming in." You sit down at your desk and set your bag down. Time to clean.