Chapter 3

Eren

I stared up at the ceiling, remembering the fan from earlier. Levi. Something about him seemed... familiar but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I hugged my pillow, replaying what had happened earlier. Someone asked me for a autograph. Me!

The days following I was happy, but as the results for the competition got closer, I started to panic.

I hope that he didn't even get to mine. Titan is a musician, not me. I just play on my guitar like a loser. I hope that I fall asleep and never wake up. I hope the competition was fake.

"Eren," Mikasa shook me from my self deprecating thoughts, "Stop being so emo; the results are in!"

My eyes widened as I opened my window to jump out. It was on the first floor, I wasn't suicidal, "Well, I'm just gonna leave then. Titan will be on hiatus as well."

"But Eren, you won," Armin replied incredulously, showing me the email.

I screeched like a pterodactyl. "What?!"

——

I kept changing into different outfits, trying to find one that said "I'm cool" instead of "I stay home watching anime and eating Lucky Charms all day." Let's just say that was difficult.

I settled on black skinny jeans, red Converse, and a white tee shirt. Armin grabbed me and pulled me into my car. He would be my manager and make sure I didn't get taken advantage of. I didn't see a point to it.

We arrived at a hotel where there was paparazzi everywhere. I quickly turned to Armin and he nodded, tossing me my green hoodie so that no one would see my face.

Armin parked a block away and we went in through the back entrance, where Heichou was waiting. I held back another screech.

"Took you long enough, brat," he looked me up and down, "Eren I presume? You didn't leave a last name, so I guess you didn't trust us?"

"N-No," I replied, "I really just want to stay out of the spotlight, you know? I'm not strong enough a person to deal with paparazzi, gossip shows, and crazy fans like you guys are."

Heichou seemed to like that response, "Well come on, brat. The band is waiting."

I entered the elevator with Heichou and Armin. I am in an elevator with Heichou! I am going to die. Someone pinch me. I hope this isn't a dream!

"This isn't a dream," Levi smirked, as if reading my mind.

I blushed, wishing that the Titan was here instead, "It sure feels like one. You're like the best singer-songwriter in the world. The fact that you even looked at my travesty is quite the honor, Heichou."

He looked at me, "Not bad. But your song wasn't a travesty. I loved it. It's not perfect, but I wasn't expecting it to be. The band and I can fix it up. I want your sound for our upcoming album."

I was on fire. I wonder if Levi thinks my music is that good? What am I thinking? Shut up, heart. Stop crushing on some guy you met at the bar. He probably wouldn't even like the real you.

Wait... I'm crushing on the guy from the bar? W-Why? Does that mean I'm gay?

"Eren, the elevator opened," Armin brought me out of my daze.

I turned to Armin, my eyes wide. He looked back, noticing something was terribly wrong.

He pulled out his phone and texted me.

Arm: What's wrong? Nervous?

Me: I think I'm gay.

Arm: For Heichou?