Chapter 12

Levi's POV

The bastard ray of sunshine that had snuck its way past my curtains was enough to wake me up from my slumber. I squinted, trying my best not to be blinded. I felt so warm, but I also felt heavy.

I moved my head to see that Eren was on top of me. Suddenly, I was transported back to the concert, my heart racing. I blinked my eyes a good ten times. It's okay. Eren's okay. Eren's alive and well.

I began to play with the younger male's hair. He should really learn how to use a goddamn hairbrush. Maybe I'll brush his hair today. I smiled fondly at the thought of brushing Eren's hair. It was so soft and smelled of cinnamon. For someone who doesn't shower as often as myself, Eren always smelled nice.

I lightly stroked Eren's nose. He scrunched it up a bit and wiggled it as if he were a bunny. He's so adorable. I love him.

"I love you too," Eren smiled tiredly at me.

"What?" I asked, surprised.

"You said that out loud, Levi," Eren chuckled, "You said 'I love him' so I gave the proper response."

"How do you know that I wasn't talking about someone else?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Eren's expression fell and he hid his face in my chest, "Oh."

I flicked the brunette's forehead, "Of course I was talking about you, brat. I can't believe you fell for that. You're so gullible. Actually, it's kind of sad that you doubt my feeling for you."

Eren brought his face back up, "N-No! Of course not! I would never doubt you, Levi. I'm so sorry."

Let's see how long we can milk this. "Tsk. The damage has already been done, brat. Get off me. I need to piss, shower, and brush my teeth. Go cook me breakfast or something."

"Y-Yes, Levi!" Eren piped, getting up and running out the door and downstairs.

I stretched before grabbing a change of clothes and heading to the bathroom. I showered for a good while before getting dressed and drying my hair. I brushed my teeth first. I can't stand the taste of morning breath. It's disgusting.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen where Eren was cooking breakfast in the same clothes that he arrived and slept in. I scrunched up my nose. He's been wearing that outfit since before we went to the movies. We should've stopped by Eren's house to pick up a change of clothes. Damn you, Boner Brain.

I walked up to Eren and wrapped my arms around him, burying my face in his back. Eren didn't seem to react, he just loosened my grip and turned around before hugging me and handing me a cup of steaming hot tea.

"Thanks, brat," I murmered, taking a sip of the tea.

"Welcome," Eren replied, kissing me on the head before returning to his cooking, "Go wait at the table."

I stalked over to the kitchen table and sat down, propping my head up on my left hand. I watched Eren silently from my seat as he danced around the kitchen to make us breakfast. I held back a laugh when Eren nearly slipped in his socks.

"Be careful," I whispered almost to myself.

"Of course," Eren smiled, giving me a wink, "I hope you're in the mood for breakfast burritos."

I nodded as Eren set down our plates, "Looks good as always, Eren. You could make a great housewife."

Eren's cheeks glowed crimson, "N-No. You'd be better. You can clean and do chores way better than I can. All I can do is cook."