Comfort

I'm not really sure where I'll finish this story. There was some confusion on who Sam is, it will be revealed in this chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*A Week Later*

Sam's POV~

I picked Stefan off from the floor and carried him over to his bed"momma" he said with a smile. I frowned and when he saw it, his smile disappeared"momma not here?"

Shaking my head, I got in the bed with him"momma got a big boo boo and the doctors are taking care of her like she does when you're sick or have your own boo boo."

He looked at me"she coming back?" I nodded and he smiled"where dada?"

I sighed"I'm right here, bud." I turned to see Adam entering the room, I smiled at him and kissed Stefan's forehead before I stood up and left them alone because Adam always read to Stefan before he went to bed. Adam never missed a night, even when he was sick or on tour, he still made time for Stefan.

I went to my room and laid down on the bed, I sighed and closed I my eyes. I was thankful that Joe wasn't here with me right now, I think I just need a night to myself, a night to be there for my nephew. It still hurt to know that the people I'm supposed to call my parents abandoned me, they are just like my birth parents.

When I was eleven, Sarah's mom and dad adopted me. Before I was adopted, I was sent from home to home because I had health problems and they didn't have enough money for my medications and surgeries. I loved living with them, but I knew they were suffering because of me and I didn't want that. Once the adoption was finalized, Sarah was only one who was truly happy that I was there. Alex was somewhat bittersweet with the idea of having a brother his age, but he didn't hate me. We never got to really know each other because he had gotten a scholarship to a school in Massachusetts so he moved in with his godparents. Sarah told me about what they went through growing up and she made sure it didn't happen to me, she was able to get her dad to agree to let me live with her. She's been there for me and I've been there for her, her and Stefan are the only true family that I have. Adam too, he's a good guy.

I heard the door open and close, I wasn't really surprised when I felt arms wrap around my waist and pull me to that familiar chest"you okay, baby?" Joe asked.

I shook my head and looked up, he was staring down at he"I think so, it's all just hitting me, Joe. I just want my sister to be okay, she needs to be okay for Stefan, he needs her. I know what it's like growing up without a mom, it's not a good feeling and I don't want to watch Stefan go through that."

Joe held me tighter"she's going to be okay, baby. You can't think like that, she's healing nicely." I nodded and hugged him"get some sleep, baby. Adam knows I'm staying the night." He covered our bodies with the comforter and kissed my forehead.

Sarah's POV~

Liam placed a hand on my left cheek and rubbed it with his thumb"you're getting better everyday, babe."

I smiled at him"thanks, Li. I'm feeling better as the days go by, I can't wait to get out of this place and sleep in my bed with my baby boy in my arms." I missed holding my son and I wanted that to change, I'm missing interacting with him.

He smiled"I'm sure he misses you too, I know I have." I rolled my eyes at him and he laughed"I'm serious, babe. You don't know how much I missed you and you don't know how broken I was when you broke up with me. I thought everything was great, minus that argument we had over you firing that girl, but I was truly falling in love with you."

I stared at him and saw the sad look on his face. I took his hand in mine and kissed it"I know I can never take back what I did, but you have to understand that I was so scared of losing you. You now truly understand how dangerous Ryder is. I didn't want you to get hurt and breaking up with you is the last thing I wanted, but you have to know that I was just thinking about your safety."

He stoked my arm"it works two ways, babe; I want to protect you as much as you want to protect me, that's what you do when you love someone." He leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine, it was a sweet kiss. He broke the kiss and looked into my eyes"I love you, Sarah."

I rested my forehead on his and smiled at him"I love you too, Li, so much."