I'm so sorry....

I'm not sure if I'm ready to end this story just yet, tell me what you think I should do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Louis' POV~

I shook her body"come on, Sarah! You need to wake up!" I shook her, pressed down on the wound, I even bit her but she didn't wake up. We finally reached the hospital and I rushed out of the car, ignoring the press who I'm guessing saw Liam. I ran inside and they quickly took Sarah out of my hands, rushing into the operation room with her. I sighed and pulled out my phone, calling Paul and the lads, but I left out what happened in the car, they deserved to be told in person. I couldn't believe this was happening and after everything that's happened to both Sarah and Liam because of their relationship, this couldn't be the end, I highly doubt it was.

"Louis!" I looked up and saw Niall running towards me"how are they doing and why do you look like that?" I looked down at myself and saw that my clothes were completely soaked in blood.

I looked back up and they were all staring at me, this was so hard to say"Sarah...I don't know what happened. I was in the backseat with her and" I felt a lump in my throat"I couldn't find a pulse, there was no heartbeat!" I cried, finally allowing myself to break down.

They all looked at me in shock, especially Zayn; he was always a lot closer to both Liam and Sarah. Harry stepped forward and hugged me"they're going to be okay, Lou, you need to believe that they'll be okay. They're both fighters." I truly hoped he was right.

Zayn's POV~

We waited and waited for the doctors to tell us something but all we got were that they were still in surgery. I couldn't sit there, I was driving myself nuts. Sarah and Liam needed to be okay, they finally admitted their love for each other and now this happened...Ryder always ruined everything.

Someone walked into the waiting room, I looked up to see Adam and Paul with Stefan, a few officers behind them. "What are you guys doing here? Stefan shouldn't be here!" Harry snapped.

Adam looked down"I guess I shouldn't be here." He said sadly, holding Stefan tight.

Paul glared at Harry"I hope you didn't forget that Sarah and Adam are still together, even though she loves Liam. You've all been out of her life, except for Zayn so Adam has every right to be here so keep yourself in check, Harold." Harry sighed and moved to the far corner of the room.

Adam let Stefan down and he ran to me, I made him sit on my lap"uncle Zayn, where my mommy?"

I sighed and hugged him"your mommy got hurt and the doctors are going to help her like she does with you when you get a boo-boo."

He pouted and his eyes shined with tears"I want my mommy!" He cried in my chest. I kissed his forehead and rubbed his back as I bounced him on my leg, trying to calm him down like I've seen Sarah do plenty of times.

Adam sat down next to me"they really loved each other didn't they?" I nodded, feeling bad when I saw the hurt look on his face"I always knew there was something missing, but I just thought I was being paranoid. I love her, I really do but deep down I knew I could never all that she truly wanted or deserved." He sighed"I'm not mad, I'm really not. A love like theirs is one of a kind and as much as I love both Sarah and Stefan, they would be happier with Liam."

I was shocked by his words"when I first met you, I was a little wary of the relationship but I saw how happy you made her and that's all that really mattered to me. She and Stefan were happy and you accepted that Stefan would be number one in her life, you two had a great relationship. Sure her and Liam went through a lot of things in their relationship, but I'm pretty sure it was because of when it occurred. You can't forget that you two went through a lot of things together but mainly happy things, they both suffered and still are."

He smiled"thanks, you were always a good friend to us. I'm glad she always had you and this little man as well." He looked at the now sleeping Stefan.

I smiled back"I hope we can still be friends." He nodded"I think it's amazing how you're putting her heart before yours."

He shrugged"I still want to be in hers and Stefan's lives, even if all I'll ever be is a friend."

A doctor walked in"who is here for Mr. Payne?" We all stood up and walked over to her. Dr. Brooks was her name.

"How is he?" Paul asked.

She smiled"he's going to be okay. The bullet didn't come into contact with any major organ. He's in recovery and he's been asking for Sarah, he keeps repeating the name, do you know who she is?"

Niall nodded"yes, she's the love of his life. She was just shot herself and they were both brought here."

She looked at her charts"well I know my husband was during an emergency surgery. A female was shot in the chest and was in critical condition....a Sarah Watson, is that her?" We nodded"I can get my husband for you, he should be done by now." She left.

Harry let out a deep breath"I'm so glad he's okay, I hope Sarah is too."

"Who is here for Sarah Watson?" We turned to look at the doctor standing there, Dr. Brooks, well the male one. We stood back up, Adam was the first one standing in front of him with the sleeping Stefan in his arms. Dr. Brooks saw Stefan"is that her son?" Adam nodded. He sighed"I'm so sorry to tell you this...."