Stephen Watson

Sarah's POV~

I picked up Stefan and kissed his cheek, Adam was laughing at me because I was having a hard time saying goodbye to my baby even though he was only spending the weekend with Adam. Yes he laughed, but he knew how hard it was for me being away from Stefan when I have to work and it didn't get easier. I hugged him one last time and handed him over to Adam"be good to daddy okay, baby?"

He nodded and waved at me"bye mommy."

I smiled at him"bye baby, I'll miss you so much." I looked at Adam who was smiling at us"I'll see you Monday night and tell the wife I said hi." He smiled and said goodbye. Most people thought that I would be bitter because Adam and Behati got married, but our friendship just got stronger and his wife understood that what was keeping us together was Stefan. Stefan liked helping them with Dusty. He took his role as big brother very important.

I waved one last time before I closed the door and looked around. The house felt so empty without Stefan there. I wrapped my arms around myself and walked around the house. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself since Stefan isn't here and I didn't have to work. I found a book to read and sat down on the couch to read it when the doorbell rang. I found myself rushing towards the door, only realizing it when I almost tripped. I took a deep breath and opened the door, gasping when I did.

He smiled at me"hi, Sarah." I stared at him"dad..." He rubbed the back of his head"can I come in?" I nodded and led him to the living room. I sat far away from him as possible which he noticed"I just came here to apologize for the things I've said and done to you. The way your mother and I treated you was unacceptable. We were going through some things, it's no excuse but our marriage was nasty and we took everything out on you guys." He paused"your mom has been cheating on me from the moment we got married and she thought that I was stupid when it came to Sam. I knew he was her son and I went along with us "adopting" him to please her. I love your mom, always have, but she doesn't love us. I've hurt you kids when I was supposed to love and protect you; I've let you down and I don't blame you all for hating me."

I moved a little closer to him"I could never hate you, dad and believe me when I say that I have. I didn't so many years wondering what I did wrong, doing things to please you guys." I looked him in the eyes"I spent most of my life believing that I was not loved nor wanted."

He put a hand on my thigh after getting a nod from me"you're loved and wanted, Sarah. Sweetheart, I love you so much and I've missed out on so much already, I just want the chance to be there for the remaining time.

I stared at the man that was the cause of my tears, nightmares, lack of self-confidence and so many things. His eyes, tone and body language indicated that he's telling the truth. For the first time in god knows how long, I leaned forward and hugged my dad, he hugged me just as tight, maybe even tighter.

We spent the rest of the day catching up, had him talk to Alex, Sam and Stefan. I was so shocked when I saw the tears in my dad's eyes when Stefan smiled at him on FaceTime. Dad left around ten pm and it seemed like he didn't want to leave or let me go when he hugged me goodbye.

*Two Weeks Later*

I fixed Stefan's hair as we waited for my dad to come over for lunch. Ever since that day, we've spoken on the phone, had lunch and dinner, had him and Alex over to really talk face to face about everything, but his favorite person in the world had to be Stefan. That little boy won my dad's heart and he couldn't get enough of being called grandpa.

Stefan looked at me"I want food, mama." I nodded and let him eat, giving up on waiting for my dad so we could eat together. While Stefan ate, I called my dad but he never picked up which started to worry me because dad ALWAYS answers his phone. I called Alex to see if he had spoken to dad today and he told me no. I called him again several times before giving it a break.

I was about to tuck Stefan in for the night when my phone went off. Stefan handed it to me and I picked up"hello?" "Hi, this is Dr. Stephanie Holt from Rosemary Hospital. I'm calling about my patient, Stephen Watson. I have his daughter, Sarah Watson as his next of kin, is that you?" I left Stefan's room"this is she, is everything okay?" "Your dad wanted to spend his last few hours with you." Her words knocked the wind out of me. I was frozen in shock, I could hear my heart beating fast.

It wasn't long before I was entering my dad's hospital room with Stefan, Alex, Sam, and Joe behind me. Dad laid there, pale and weak and he seemed to have regained life when he saw us. Dr. Holt pulled me to the side to talk to me and it's like everything went in one ear and I don't know. My dad has pancreatic cancer and nobody knew. I was in a zombie like trance walking back to his room, I sat down by his bed and held his hand. He looked at us"I love you all. Don't change for anybody, you are loved!" I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks and a lump forming in my throat. Joe was able to get Alex and Sam to leave after Stefan had fallen asleep, but I stayed with my dad.

When I woke up the next morning, Adam and Dr. Holt were standing over me with a sad and worried expression. I looked at my dad and realized why...he was gone. The tears escaped. Adam pulled me into his arms and it everything hit him. All the memories of my dad beating Alex and I, every mean word and hit, the few happy memories that we had. He wasn't perfect and we didn't have the best relationship, but he was my dad and I loved him. I clung onto Adam as I thought about my dad hugging Stefan, Alex and I.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The tears that escaped as I wrote this.