Chapter Seventeen:

I walked along the lane, the rain had started to spit slightly – which was ironic, I knew it would start pouring down anytime soon. Walking through the village I saw Harry and the rest of the group under the gazebo that was under the local pub. I ran quickly, so they would not see me and so I would not have to tell them all yet. As I looked to them, as I ran I smacked straight into Edward. He grabbed my tightly and I started to push him back; trying to get him off me before Harry saw.

"Kiss me" He whispered, the smell of brandy swimming on his breath.

"No!" I shouted but the rain seemed to blur my voice out.

Without another word spoken, he smashed his lips against mine. I tried to push him back, but it was no use; I was too weak and he was too strong for me to keep fighting back. Never kissing back once, I heard a gasp come from behind me.

"Rose?" Betty gasped and Harry was watching.

Edward stood back, smirking to the others. Harry ran straight over to Edward and punched him in the face; making Edward fall to the floor in pain.

"Harry!" I gasp, trying to pull him back. "Stop please"

"Stop what Rose!" He yelled, with pure venom in his voice. "I hate you!"

"No Harry" I cried as the rain fell down our faces. "I did not kiss him! He kissed me Harry! Come on you have to believe me" I continued to try and pull him to face me, but he kept looking away. But I did not blame him, for I would be livid as well.

"You are a whore!" He pushed me back and I fell to the ground. He walked away, without a second glance; yet I saw a glint of guilt in his eyes. Katherine and Betty came running to me, carrying me to Betty's house, as her parents were away.

"What happened Rose?" Katherine asked, slightly disappointed.

"He kissed me" I cried more. "I tried to pull back but he was too strong."

The girls said nothing, but comforted me as best they could. "I am sure Harry meant nothing of what he said to you Rose."

"I do not think so Katherine" I sighed as I bit down on my lip. "I am afraid he will hate me a lot more very soon." The two looked to me in fear of what I was about to say to them.

"I have been made to marry him" I cry out.

***

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife" The pastor smiled. I turned to my side; my vail covering my face, making things unclear to me. As I opened my eyes, I saw my vail being lifted slightly. "You may kiss the bride"

Edward was standing in front of me, his lips inching to my face.

"NO!" I shouted as I bolted up awake. I turned around to see myself in Betty's bed; remembering that my nightmare, was in fact my reality. A reality I could never not face; something I was so scared and terrified of.

"Hey girl" Katherine knocked on the door as she came in. "You okay? I heard you shout" She spoke as she sat on the bed close to my head – brushing my stray hair behind my head. I started to well up, not wanting to answer the question, as I knew I was about to breakdown.

"Hey it is okay" She hushed me as she brought me into a hug. "You are going to be okay Rose, trust me"

"I am so scared I am going to lose him" I muffled into her hair, as she hugged me.

"Do you want me to be honest Rose?" She asked as she hugged me tighter. "I think it may be a little too late."

I nodded my head, agreeing with every word she said to me. But I did not want it to make sense or to be the truth. I cried more into her neck, thinking that it shall me all the difference in the world. Which it did.

The tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face. I feel the muscles of my chin tremble like a small child and I look toward the window, as if the light could soothe me. There is static in my head once more, the side effect of this constant fear, constant stress I live with. I hear my own sounds, like a distressed child, raw from the inside. It takes something out of me I didn't know I had left to give. That's the way it is when people are hard. It's like a theft of the spirit, an injury no other person can see.

I've seen the movies, and the shows. They never truly cried. From what I have seen when someone cries it's not pretty. Their eyes swell and turn red. They are unable to speak, unable to breath, nothing. The world around, becomes a blur of colour that melts to grey. The weight in their chest and locks in their throats. The pain in the back of the mind the comes forward by the slightest reminder. A small token of sorrow and misery. Of course we can't forget the tears. Small crystal beads that trail down the cheeks to the neck, and the chest. Only to melt into the cloth they wore or to fall off their pouting lip.

"I know it is over" I mumble. "It has to be"

"You are a strong girl Rose" Katherine spoke to me as she pulled me to face her. "You are the strongest girl I know. Yes it may be crap now, but I know everything will work out for the best."

As we indulged in a hug, Betty walked in with a sorrowful look on her face.

"He knows" She spoke. I closed my eyes and bit down on my lip. "We all do Rose. So why didn't you tell us?"

"What?" Katherine asked, totally confused.

"She is to marry him" Betty answered Katherine, who had a shocked look on her face.

Oh no.

isbody. Our dW)$