Chapter Twenty-Three:

Katherine's Dress ^

Katherine's Dress ^

Rose and Betty's Bridesmaid dresses ^

"10 minutes until it is time" Betty called to everyone as they got ready to walk out onto the runway that went straight to Jack.

"Where is Edward?" Betty asked me as I became slightly nervous and annoyed that Edward still had not turned up.

"I have no clue" I frowned as I groaned. "I went to the kitchens, which was where he was last night but the kitchen staff told me he went out early hours of this morning."

"You have no one to walk with now" Betty whispered in my ear, so Katherine would not stress out.

"For heaven's sake Edward!" I snap but I feel a hand on my lower back. I turn to see Harry there and he looks to Betty.

"I'll walk with her." Harry smiled and I looked to him.

"Thank you Harry" I whisper as he puts his hand on his arm.

"Do not thank me" He smiles as he looks straight on. "You could do so much better than that arsehole"

"Harry stop" I groan to him. "I do not want to hear this now"

"Then when?" He snaps to me.

"Never!" I argue back and the music starts. "I was forced to be married, which is still yet to come. It is like a death penalty that I am waiting for!"

The doors opened and we were made to walk outside, down to where Jack was standing. As we walked, I looked to Harry as he looked to me. I imagined for a moment that this was our wedding; that he was the one I would be marrying – but that will never happen.

We all stood to one side, the girls on one and the men on the other. Waiting for Katherine to come down, Harry and I did not break any eye contact to each other, until we heard the happy gasps of those watching Katherine walking down the aisle.

As she reached Jack, he started to cry with joy at his beautiful bride.

The vows that you make are at the heart of your wedding day and have been spoken by millions of couples over the centuries. They cannot be re-written or changed in any way for legal reasons – they are the words of commitment to a shared life that define you as 'married'.

The marriage vows are spoken before God and in front of your family and friends. Along with the vows, you will make 'Declarations', which confirm that you will always love and care for each other in a way that will please God.

The lifetime commitment of these promises and statements are represented when you give the rings to each other, as a symbol of unending love. This completes the marriage. At the point when the vows are said, you turn to each other, take each other's right hand and say:

'I, (name), take you, (name)

to be my wife/husband,

to have and to hold

from this day forward;

for better, for worse,

for richer, for poorer,

in sickness and in health,

to love and to cherish,

till death us do part,

according to God's holy law.

In the presence of God I make this vow.'

"Jack, you are my best friend. I promise to laugh with you, cry with you, and grow with you. I will love you when we are together and when we are apart. I promise to support your dreams and to respect our differences, and to love you and be by your side through all the days and nights of our lives." Katherine began as she started to choke up. "I choose you. To stand by your side and sleep in your arms. To be joy to your heart and food for your soul. To learn with you and grow with you, even as time and life change us both. I promise to laugh with you in good times and struggle alongside you in bad times. I promise to respect you and cherish you as an individual, a partner, and an equal, knowing that we do not complete, but complement each other. May we have many adventures and grow old together."

Jack held Katherine close as he began to cry at the words she spoke. As soon as she had finished hers, he started his.

"I love you unconditionally and without hesitation. I vow to love you, encourage you, trust you, and respect you. As a family, we will create a home filled with learning, laughter, and compassion. I promise to work with you to foster and cherish a relationship of equality knowing that together we will build a life far better than either of us could imagine alone. Today, I choose you to be my husband/wife. I accept you as you are, and I offer myself in return. I will care for you, stand beside you, and share with you all of life's adversities and all of its joys from this day forward, and all the days of my life." Jack grinned, making us all cry alongside the two lovers. "Today, I promise you this: I will laugh with you in times of joy, and comfort you in times of sorrow. I will share in your dreams and support you as you strive to achieve your goals. I will listen to you with compassion and understanding, and speak to you with encouragement. Together, let us build a home filled with learning, laughter and light, shared freely with all who may live there. Let us be partners, friends and lovers, today and all of the days that follow. I take you as you, love who you are now and who you are yet to become. I promise to listen to you and learn from you, to support you and accept your support. I will celebrate your triumphs and mourn your losses as though they were my own. I will love you and have faith in your love for me, through all our years and all that life may bring us."

"By the power invested in me" The vicar smiled. "I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Jack pulls Katherine into him and kisses her full on. We all cheers as the happy couple finally pull away and walk back down the aisle together. Followed behind the bridesmaids and groomsmen. I walk to Harry and he holds my hand, walking back down the aisle with me.

"Let the fun begin" Betty grins as she laughs behind me.

We all walked into the library, followed around by the staff carrying around canapes of small nibbles and glasses of champagne for the guests. There were not a lot of people, but there was enough for everyone to be engaged in some conversation.

Harry looked to me and then grinned.

"You have done a great job Ro" He smiled as I blushed at his remarks.

"Thank you" I replied, smiling back. "But I had the help of others"

"Give yourself some credit Rose" He whispers as he comes close to my ear again, driving me insane. Goosebumps travel up my arms and neck; making him notice and I see him smirk to me. "Still have the effect"

"Harry" I stutter and I push him back slowly as he laughs.

"Babe?" I hear Isabell say as she comes up to Harry.

"Ah Isabell" He coughs and looks to me smiling as he walks with her to get a glass of champagne.

I stand there, watching the others talk with each other.

"Photo time!" I hear Betty call out as she pulled my arm to her.