Step Two

If this image don't have Victoria written all over it, nothing does!

--------------------------------

When I got in our van at the end of the day, I was wiped. I could barely focus on the argument brewing from the back. I knew my sisters often fought about trivial things, but comparing male celebrities?"

Josh Hutcherson is the hottest." Said Lexus.

"No. Shawn Mendes is hotter." Retorted Elizabeth.

"I can't decide!" Yelled Victoria in fake agony.

"Here, I'll help you." I said as I rubbed my temples to try and calm my headache. "Josh Hutcherson is hot while Shawn Mendes has the bot-next-door look. They both belong on the sun scale, but Josh is in the core and Shawn is only surface." We were a strange breed; my family. We ranked celebrities on a scale to determine if they were hot or not. 

They all grumbled their agreements and Vic wrote down my argument in her rank book.

"Now how about Ashton Kutcher and Ross Lynch?" Vic paused. I mentally groaned because another pair meant more fighting. "To me, Ross Lynch has the same boy-next-door look as Shawn Mendes but he also has the lifeguard look. And Ashton Kutcher still is just the hot spy from Killers."

"So what's your verdict?" I asked, because she didn't seem to have a point in her rant.

"Ashton is an old guy now, so he ranks surface while Ross is a teenager still, so that puts him closer to the core."

"Well, I think Ashton Kutcher is cute." All noise stopped and everyone turned to my mother. 

"What?" She looked at us like nothing was wrong. As if on cue, my sisters all yelled.

"Mom!"

"That's gross!" Said Lexi.

"Double gross!" Said Liz.

"Disgusting!" Said Vic.

"Whatever." I said. My ears were blocked from the yelling by my scarf that I wrapped around my head.

My mom pulled into the driveway right after and I pulled my backpack out with me. 

Inside, my room door slammed behind me as I threw my bag onto the floor and myself onto my bed. I stared at my white ceiling with stick-on glow in the dark stars stuck randomly across it. Alice had given them to me the year before as a birthday present and she even helped me to stick them on.My black walls were a nice contrast.I spent a few minutes pondering problems other than the ones I had for homework. My thoughts were running wild for no clear reason that Friday, maybe because I was back in school? One second I was thinking about what we were having for dinner, and then I was wondering why I was even alive. 

As soon as I gave up on questioning the existence of the universe, I got started on my math review. I already knew everything on the page so I finished minutes later. I threw my pencil down in victory and watched it land in front of my door. As I leaned down to pick it up, somebody knocked.

I unlocked my door and opened it, but it wasn't one of my sisters, as I expected it to be. Instead, my mom stood there and she wasn't empty-handed. She had a garbage bag in one hand and in the other, too many shopping bags to count.

"What's the occasion?" I joked. She pushed past me and set the bags down in the middle of the room.

"This is the occasion." She gestured around my room. 

"You're...cleaning my room?" I guessed.

"Guess again." She was smiling so widely. Something was definitely wrong.