Instantly Famous

"Welcome back to You and Me; the channel where...well, you never know what to expect. Following that trend, today is advice day. Again, a new video type, but not one that you're going to hate."

"Yeah, that's true enough." Vic strolled in front of the camera. "Let's start out with a lesson everybody needs."

"You mean a lesson in acting?" I improvised.

"No. This is a lesson in comebacks."

"Okay, so it seems I'll be playing a pretty high school senior." I read off of my card.

"And apparently I'm the pretty popular girl with a boyfriend." Vic laughed a perfect popular girl laugh.

"And, action." Nick started us off. Vic had managed to convince him to play camera boy for the day and he was doing more than needed.

"Hey Adrian!" I called out to no one.

"Hey! Back off of my boyfriend. Or what, do you like him?" Vic taunted.

"No. I don't want your boyfriend and neither does anyone else, that's why he's with you."

"Oh, burn!" Nick said from behind the camera. The comebacks and insults rolled back and forth until I was too tired to continue.

"And so, as my sister is too insulted to continue, we'll wrap up the show." Vic held up a finger. "But, before we go, we should end with a laugh."

"This is going to be good." I said from on the couch behind Vic.

"What do you call someone with no body and no nose?" She waited for a few seconds as Nick actually pondered it. "Nobody knows!" She answered. Nick actually laughed, but I wasn't going to fake laughter for her satisfaction.

"That was cheesy." I said, loud enough for the camera to catch it.

"Ava is absolutely right. That wasn't the joke." Vic was still looking intently at the camera. She took a deep breath so she didn't laugh. "A woman who is three months pregnant gets into a car accident and goes into a deep coma. Six months later she wakes up and asks the doctor about her baby." I cut in as the doctor.

"You had twins, a boy and a girl, and they're both fine. Luckily, your brother named the for you."

"Oh no, not my brother. He's an idiot! What did he name the girl?" Vic sounded exactly like a panicked mother.

"Denise."

"Well, that's not so bad. What did he call the boy?"

"Denephew."

"That's all folks." Nick shut off the camera as Vic waved enthusiastically like they did in kids shows. Then, Nick burst into a fit of laughter that caused him to double over.

"You've never heard that joke before?" I asked him.

"Nope, but I'm glad I did." He wiped tears from his eyes. "You guys are really funny, and I love hanging out here. Especially since you act like twins a lot."

"Okay, the funny part is true, but the fact that you think we're twins just proves how stupid you are. I can't even make fun of you because it'll take you all day to figure it out." Vic walked past him wrapping up equipment and still managing to sound innocent.

"Hey! Don't use those comebacks on me. And I never said I thought you were twins, only that you act similar. You're always finishing each others sentences and saying the same thing at the same time. I find it cool is all."

"Yeah." I agreed with him. "I have this theory that we were twins in our previous life so now we're sisters again."

"Ava! Don't scare him away with your theories!" Vic chastised me even though she had the same thoughts.