Something like a Vacation

Jennifer looks exactly how i pictures Elizabeth.

--------------------------------

With five more days in New York, our weekend having been filled with more boring waiting, Nate and I couldn't sit still. We had to occupy our time until we could watch the fashion show later that week, but we were at a loss.

"Hey Ava. Hey, hey Ava. Hey..."

"Stop! You sound like annoying orange." I did not like that stupid thing and I had a feeling that if I ever met the creator, he wouldn't last past that meeting.

"Good. That's what I was going for."

"Well if you keep it up, I'll be happy to stick you in the blender and hit puree."

"Are you threatening me?"

"No." I dragged out the word.

"I don't appreciate your sarcasm."

"I don't care. But I do want to know what we're going to do today, because I'm bored."

"I don't know. You're the master planner." He shrugged his shoulders.

"You're right. I should beg my parents to let us go to Central park!" I jumped up. "I'll go ask them right now."

"And I'll take a shower." Nate said. He went into the bathroom and I left to go see my parents.

An hour later, we exited the Plaza hotel and entered the bustling streets of New York city.

"Should I hail a cab?" Nate asked. He moved to catch a cab.

"Nate..." I pointed across the street. "Central park is right there. You need help with Geography." I laughed and he followed me across the street.

"That was stupid of me." He said.

"Nope." I shook my head. I tried to contain my laughter that time.

"But..."

"I'm implying that you drop it. It never happened okay?"

"Okay." He sounded unsure. He looked saddened by the fact that I was letting it go. I didn't know why. I had had plenty of embarrassing things happen to me, and If they could be erased, I would be ecstatic.

"Oh my gosh! It's Central Park Zoo! I've always wanted to go in, but I never got the chance before." People stared at me as I jumped up and down in excitement. I could see Nate blushing as an elderly couple walked by.

"Do you remember when we were young and first starting to fall in love?" The lady asked her husband. I didn't get to hear his answer because they were out of earshot, but I guessed it was romantic and mushy.

"Why does everybody always assume we're dating?" Nate whispered angrily as he dragged me to the zoo entrance. He pulled out his wallet and payed the entrance fee.

"Hey, you didn't have to do that." I told Nate as he pulled me into the zoo.

"Why not?" He challenged.

"Because I have money."

"Great, so do I." He smirked and let go of me.

"You irritate me." I said.

"I thought you were teaching me to be nice to girls, why can't I practice on you?" He had a point, but I didn't want him paying for me.

"Because...because I...because I don't want you to."

"Girls are complicating." He huffed. "When I am nice to a girl, you get mad at me. When I'm not nice, you get mad at me! What am I supposed to do?" He was whisper shouting because he didn't want to make a scene. That was probably smart.