Epilogue: See you Again

Adley Owen, Nate's new girlfriend is up above and looking cute!

---------------------------------

The airport was crowded, as usual at the beginning of the summer. You know the usual vacation rush, and not to mention students coming home from school.

I fought through the crowd and got my bags. It brought a sense of déjà vu with all the bags sitting at my feet in a mountain of fabric and personal items. It was exactly where I had started my adventure four years before back in Los Angeles.

My phone buzzed with a text notification. I opened it and Tyler Kelley's name popped up with: Hey, I know what you're thinking. Sorry I'm not there to save you this time. Just wait until you come back in two months. Until then, I'm only one call away.

I laughed at his use of song lyrics. It seemed like he was getting lots of habits from me, and I even picked up a few British phrases.

I almost had to ask a complete stranger to help me when I heard someone call my name.

"Ava! Oh dad I found her! Ava!" My very favourite sister was running a full sprint right to me. "I missed you so much." She jumped on me and almost knocked me over.

"I missed you too Vic. Where's dad and the girls?"

"We're here." I opened my arms wider and we had one big group hug.

"So, how's life been since you all moved out? I never did get the details about that."

"Oh, it's been great. We live across the street from Nick! Its amazing. We get to see each other every day. Oh, and we got a kitten!"

"Wow, Vic, slow down. I can only take so much information at a time." I said.

"Sorry." She said. "I'm just so glad you're back."

"Yeah, me too." I hugged them a bit longer as my sisters each told stories of their adventures with my dad. We all carried my luggage out and loaded up my dad's truck. I couldn't bare to tell them that I wasn't staying for long.

On out way to the house, Vic filled me in on what she was doing. I hadn't really had much time to visit in the last two years, so I missed out on a lot. She was loving high school because she was only going to the best one ever, Valley View High. I never ended up being able to show her around, but she seemed to be able to handle her own

"Oh, guess what!?" Vic suddenly said. "Mom's new book came out, you know, the one about you."

"Don't tell me, its called dealing with temperamental Ava."

"So close, but it's even better. It's called troubled teens."

"That is better." I laughed. My mom wasn't affected when her whole family left her because of her behavior. My dad was better off without my mom too. He took off work more and not to mention he had a new job that didn't send him all over the continent.

"Wow, the place looks amazing." The house wasn't as big as the previous one, but it was a normal one. "It's got a beautiful yard too." Through the plate glass doors, a beautiful pool glittered in the center of the yard. It was almost the size of a basketball court. There was a deck leading up to it and in the back there was a blooming garden with fairy lights strung in the trees.

"Yeah, it was our idea." Vic said, putting her hands on my younger sister's shoulders. "We figured you'd like to have a pool and a garden so we worked on getting them."

"Well, you were right. I love them, thank you. Can we go in the pool?" I looked to my dad. I knew he wanted to spend time with me too, but I learned to love the water when I was in California and it was hard to stay away.