Chapter Sixteen

Writing this whilst waiting for my pizza to cook. Ugh. Why does it take so long?

Also, sorry if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes. I've written this chapter on my phone which I HATE doing but my computer is broke :(  

The edit attached is mine.

Enjoy my Dreamers!
********

"James no stop it!" Bella cried rushing forward and attempted to pull James off Edward. Key word: Attempt. James shoved her off him and continued throwing punches at Edward. "He's not worth it!"

James growled. "He hurt you! He deserves everything!"

"And his time will come," Bella says gently touching James's shoulder and felt him relax under her touch. "Revenge is not always the answer. As much as I want him dead, we have to be the bigger people" James faced her, his arms still wrapped around Edward's throat. "Let's not let this spoil our perfect night"

James growled again, a low grumble in the back of his throat and he snapped his head to Edward again and his hands tightened around his throat making him gasp for breath. "Take this as a warning Cullen" He spat. "You stay away from my girl you got it? Otherwise, I will. Kill. You" Edward nodded, his eyes winding in fear and James roughly let go of him and stood up straighter. "We'll be out by morning. Bella needs to rest"

Bella, who's heart was still hammering inside of her chest because of James's comment about her being 'his girl', head snapped towards him whilst thoughts ran through her mind. Was she his girl? Were they even together? Did James think they were together? They had only had one date but could that mean they were a thing? She was so confused yet happy. 

"Rest? I don't need to rest, I've rested enough"

James chuckled. "I know you Bella and I know you're tired"

"Am not!" Bella stifled a yawn. "Defiantly not tired"

"Try telling that to your yawn" James laughed. "Come on princess, time to sleep"

"No- Aaah James! Put me down!"

James had thrown Bella over his shoulder making her squeal in shock and surprise. She demanded to be put down whilst hitting his back repeatedly but James didn't even make an attempt to put her down as he carried down the hallway towards the room she had slept in the night before. Bella soon gave up and just hung there over his shoulder and sighed, there was just no point with him. Halfway to the bedroom, James stopped and faced the Cullen's who all stood there watching the pair with raised eyebrows. 

"I trust you can clean this up for me? Thanks"

He then opened the bedroom door, gently set a pouting Bella onto the bed before heading over to the wardrobe. He looked in it for a couple of minutes before pulling out some grey shorts and a white tank-top and threw it at her not noticing that the tank top had landed on her head. 

"Put these on," He told her. 

Bella huffed and pulled the top off her head. "Thanks"

"Er...sorry?" Bella still hadn't put the clothes on. "What are you waiting for?"

"For some privacy"

James blushed muttered a 'right yeah' and quickly turned around giving Bella the privacy she needed. Once dressed, Bella climbed into bed and under the covers and James soon followed climbing on top of the covers and Bella decided to ask the question she's been wanting to ask since the little encounter with Edward. 

"James...how come you called me your girl?"

"I'm sorry?" He raised his eyebrow... I was hoping she didn't hear that 

"When you attacked Edward, you called me your girl. Why?"

James looked down playing with his fingers. "I don't know...I guess it felt natural to say it" He shrugged before mumbling. "Plus, I kind of wished you were my girl"

Bella's heart rate picked up again. "You do?" James nodded. "All you have to do is ask"

James looked at her. "Really? I don't know...I'm not good with this sort of thing"

"Just try" She took his hand. 

James took a deep breath. "Will you, Bella Swan, be my girl?"

Bella grinned and nodded. "Of course you big goon!" She chuckled and James let out a sigh of relief. "Now, I'm tired. I need to sleep" She kissed his cheek and closed her eyes. 

*The next morning*

"Pssstt Bella!" Bella groaned and moved her head away from the voice. "Bella!"

"Go away!"

"Not until you wake up"

Bella opened her eyes, the other side of the bed where James laid was now empty and her eyes landed on Alice. "What do you want?"

"To talk. Not get up and dressed. We'll be in the living room" Alice paused by the door. "I've laid some clothes out for you"

She left the room and Bella slowly climbed out of bed and spotted the clothes Alice laid out for her. There was a lot of pink and frills and Bella gagged, she seriously didn't know Bella at all. Ignoring the clothes, she slipped into something more her taste and comfy, shoved her hair up and took a deep breath. Time to face the Cullens. 

(The pic of Bella's outfit is in that edit

Also, we need a ship name for James and Bella since YOU KNOW THEY ARE A FREAKING COUPLE NOW! Any ideas?