Chapter Twenty Five

"Question" Bella says. "Am I going to die helping you?"

James had left to take an important phone call leaving the two women alone. It was clear that they both didn't get along, but Bella pushed the feeling of hate away from her and focused on the case. Jane (James's mother) looked at her quickly before going back to checking her nails. 

"You're lucky you're not dead already" She mumbled thinking Bella didn't hear but she was mistaken. 

"I'm sorry, what?" Bella leant forward on her desk. She knew what she had said but she wanted to hear it again. 

Jane smirked and glared at her. "You heard me"

"You know, when people say that it normally means they're too scared to say it again" Bella leans back into her chair. "Trust me I know, I've dealt with people like you before" She shuddered at the thought of Lauren and Jess...they must be having fun playing Queens of the school by now. "Why should I be dead?"

"Because you broke James's, heart! You're lucky I didn't find you myself or set my hell hounds on you!" The Queen hissed. 

Bella chuckled. "Hell hounds? Seriously?" She looked down. "James wasn't the only one who left with a broken heart though"

"I'm pretty sure he was"

Bella looked up. "Why?"

"Because you're a cold heartless bitch!"

"Wow" Bella tried to hide the hurt in her voice by placing a small smile on her lips but her eyebrows furrowed giving it away (Gif attached) "Is that the best you can do? My heart -- stop smiling yes I do have one -- broke just as much as he did" Bella huffed. "Besides, if I was a cold heartless bitch, would I be helping you right now?"

"You're only helping because we're paying you"

"Calling me a gold digger now are we?" Bella cleaned up her desk and put her folder away. "I'm not helping you because of the money, I'm helping you because it's the right thing to do" She stood up and gestured to the door. "But if you don't want my help, so be it. Go find someone who will put up with your bullcrap"

Bella then strutted out of her office, her heels clicking with every step she took. She wasn't normally the one to make dramatic exits, but she feels now is the right moment to do one. She pulled open the door, flicked her hair over her shoulder and walked out making sure to slam the door closed behind her. Hopefully leaving the Queen in her office unattended won't be a bad thing... 

James, who looked up at the bang the door made, looked surprised before ending the call and walking over to a very stressed out Bella. She was muttering to herself and running her hands through her hair ruining the hairstyle it was in. 

"Are you okay, Bella?" He asked slowly...he knew what women were like with emotions and honestly, it scared him sometimes. 

"Why would you care huh?" Bella snapped trying hard to fight the tears that were threatening to fall. "I'm just a heartless bitch who broke your heart, remember?"

"Who -- who said that?" James questions moving closer. "Was it my mother? Did she call you that? Answer me!"

"Your mother is a woman of many words" Bella whispered. "She called me that and other things"

"It's not true, don't list-"

Bella groaned. "Don't start with the whole 'don't listen to her' thing because every word she said in there is true -- minus the gold digging part" She sighed. "I broke your heart James and she hates me. But what she doesn't understand-"

"Understand what?" James prompted. 

"It doesn't matter" Bella shook her head as if she clearing her thoughts. "If you want my help I'll help you, but I will not help your mother" She backed away from him. "Now, if you excuse me, I have someone else to deal with"

"DON'T YOU DARE WALK AWAY FROM THIS BELLA!" James yelled making Bella freeze. He took a deep breath. "Come over here and tell me what you were about to say"

"Why does it matter so much?"

By now, people were stood watching as the scene unfolded in front of them. They only thing missing was the popcorn. 

"It just does-"

"Oh no, If I have to tell you-"

"BECAUSE I STILL LOVE YOU!" James screamed stunning Bella. "I still love you. And after what you did to me, the least you can do is give me the explanation I deserve"

**********

Cliffhanger!

I'm evil I know XD 

What did you think of that chapter then? Do you think Bella will explain to him why she really left? Will they get back together? What about his mother -- what do you think about her? Let me know down below!

Byeeee