Chapter 17

Deku P.O.V.

I returned to school two weeks ago. Everyone was extremely happy that I was back. But Kacchan never let me out of his sight. He'd even come with me to the bathroom during school. I know he's just trying to protect me but it was getting pretty crazy. 

He'd stay over at my house a lot. But one time when I took a shower in the middle of the night I came out of the door an Kacchan was sitting next to the door, half asleep.

Friday night I confronted him about the topic.

We were sitting on his couch at his home. His parents went on a trip so we were alone (A/N NO AWKWARD MOM WALKING IN!!)

Kacchan had his arm over my shoulder and we were watching television. I leaned against his side, "Hey, Kacchan?"

He looked down at me, "Yeah?"

"Um well..." I said not knowing how to say what I wanted to say.

"Yes...?"

"Can you stop being so overbearing?" I than buried my head in his side not wanting to look at him.

"You think I'm being overbearing?" I heard him ask. I nodded. I felt him tense up a bit, which caused me to do the same.

"I just don't want you out of my sight." he said.

"I don't need to be watched by you every second." I whispered.

"I just don't want to lose you again." he said.

"I can protect myself though!" I said looking up at him.

"YOU DIDN'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO A MONTH AGO!" Kacchan yelled at me. I pulled myself away from him.

"YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TRUST ME ENOUGH TO BE LEFT ALONE!" I yelled back. 

"I'M JUST TRYING TO PROTECT YOU!" Kacchan yelled standing up. I do the same.

"I DON'T NEED TO BE PROTECTED ALL THE TIME!!"

"I JUST WANT TO KEEP YOU SAFE!" I saw his eyes tear up, but I didn't stop.

"YOU DON'T NEED TO BE WITH ME ALL THE TIME THOUGH! I WAS WITH YOU WHEN I GOT TAKEN AND YOU DIDN'T SEEM TO DO A VERY GOOD JOB PROTECTING ME THEN!" 

Kacchan stared at me. Tears fell from his face. Tears of anger fell from my face.

"Get out." he said pointing to the door. I ran all the way home. 

I get to my home and go straight to my room. I jump onto my bed. I pull my knees to my chest. I put my head on my knees. I started to cry. I couldn't stop. Kacchan and I fight, but we usually make up right away...

I just want him to realize I can protect myself. He should trust me more. But maybe I over reacted a bit.

Kacchan P.O.V.

I was laying on my couch. After Deku left I collapsed on my couch. I laid face down. I had stopped crying. 

I shouldn't have made him leave. I should've talked it out with him. But I just was so scared I was going to lose him again. I couldn't bare to lose Deku again. He was everything to me. 

"...YOU DIDN'T SEEM TO DO A GOOD JOB PROTECTING ME THEN!!"  his words seemed to be burned into my mind. They kept repeating. I didn't protect him. I didn't save him. If I had tried harder maybe he wouldn't have had to go through those horrible weeks.

I want to call him. I want to speak to him. I want to resolve our fight.

I get up right away with that idea. I run out the door to Deku's.

When I get there I knock on the door over and over. He opened it with red eyes. 

"I'm so sorry." I said almost immediately. I stared at him waiting for a reaction. I look at him with hopeful eyes.

 He pulled me in for a hug. I barely had time to react to the sudden embrace.

"I'm sorry for yelling and saying those things." he said rubbing his head into my chest. I put one hand on the back of his head, the other around his back.

"I should've trusted you more." I told him. He pulled away and we went inside. I pushed him on the couch and started kissing him. After almost a minute. I pull away, both of us breathing heavily. Deku pulled me to his chest for another hug.

"I hate fighting." he said.

"All couples fight." I tell him. I pull back from the hug smiling. I give him a kiss on the tip of the nose.

"At least we don't stay angry for too long." he whispered. I nodded.

I spent the night at Deku's, barely leaving each other's arms the whole night.