IIIII

It's been a week since Edd and Matt had slept in each other's embrace. Edd's heat was over, so why would they? Edd went back to his outgoing, punny self.
He didn't need Matt anymore.
And this made him feel... depressed, almost. He longed for that Edd that he would hold. He wondered if it was all fake, just caused by the heat.
He felt abandoned by him. Insecure.
-
Edd quickly noticed Matt's strange behavior. He'd always be alone in his room, he'd stop staring into mirrors, it seemed as if there was always something on his mind.
He had an idea of what it was, but he couldn't be sure unless he asked.
So that's what he did.
-
Matt heard a knock on his bedroom door. He hesitantly got up from laying on his bed and opened it, only to be face to face with Edd. Matt blushed a little bit, but not enough for Edd to notice.
"Hey E--"
"Matt, we need to talk," Edd said, cutting him off and entering his room.
"W-what?" Edd sat on Matt's bed.
"I said, we need to talk."
Matt hesitantly sat down next to Edd, averting his gaze away from Edd, blushing a bit more. "Uh... a-about what?" Matt asked.
"Something's wrong."
"W-what?"
"You're acting weird. Tell me what's wrong."
"N-nothing's wrong," Matt said a little too quickly.
"You're lying."
"N-no I'm not!"
"Your ears turn red when you lie."
Matt unconsciously brought his hands over his ear, until he quickly realized. "N-no they don't!"
"I know," Edd said smugly. "But it proves it that you're keeping something from me."
Matt stared at Edd before looking down again.
"You can tell me anything."
Matt hid behind his hands, only to have them removed by Edd.
"F-fine..." Matt said. "W-when you... were in heat... all the things you said..." Matt stopped. He began tearing up slighly. "Did you really mean it?"
"What do you mean?" Edd said.
Matt got up and turned away. "No, never mind. It's nothing, really." Matt wiped at his eyes.
Edd suddenly realized what Matt meant. He got up and hugged Matt from behind, Matt's heart seemed to skip two beats.
"Of course I still need you Matt..." he began to say.
"Then... why haven't we been 'together' since your heat ended...?"
"I'm sorry, I didn't know I meant that much to you."
Matt chuckled a little bit. "It's ok. I... I forgive you."
Edd released Matt, they turned around and stood face to face. Edd grabbed the collar of Matt's hoodie, pulling the taller boy down enough for their lips to touch.
Matt was surprised at first as the devotion Edd gave this kiss. But he quickly kissed him back, picking him up and puting him on the bed. Matt put his hands over Edd's, then put a hand under Edd's chin.
After a little while, their mouths departed. Matt's eyes burned with passion.
"What time is it?" Edd asked, still gripping Matt's hoodie.
"I... think it's around 6:45..."
"Ah, alright," Edd said. He scooted to the other end of the bed. "Come here, pretty boy," he said, slightly teasing.
Matt's face turned bright red, but still climed into bed next to Edd.