9

Sometimes Matt would just sit and think.
It all seemed too sudden.
Just about two months ago they didn't even know they liked each other. They were just best friends who always hung out.
But even then, they seemed like they couldn't live without each other anyways.
Maybe there was always something more in their friendship. Maybe they always liked each other more than they realized.
But in less than 9 months Edd will have a child. They only just recently moved out. Matt bit his lip as he looked over to the Edd sleeping next to him, still wearing the alpha's hoodie. He wanted to stop worrying so much.
But what if he wasn't a good dad? What if everything goes wrong? What if he raises the child incorrectly?
Matt sighed, and got up from the bed, trying not to wake Edd, his omega needs his sleep.
He walked down the hallway to the kitchen. It seemed so empty, to be honest. They didn't bring a lot of furniture, but it's not like they knew what to do with any of the empty space.
Matt didn't even bother to turn on the light as he went to reach for a glass cup. He filled it half way with water from the refrigerator. He leaned on the fridge as he drank it, and slid down to the floor. He sat in darkness.
He brought his legs up to his chest, pressing his head between them.
He sat for a few minutes before feeling something drape over his shoulders. He lifed his head to see a blanket. And Edd. He sat in front of Matt, silent at first.
"You're upset," Edd said in a low tone. "What's wrong?"
Matt shrugged and looked away.
Edd scooted closer to Matt. "Tell me."
The omega's scent to the alpha was calming and comforting. Matt took a deep breath. "I... I'm worrying."
"Yeah, I can see that," Edd said lighly. "About what?"
"The... child. What if-- what if I'm not a good parent?"
Matt confided all his concerns with Edd, who listened carefully. After a few moments of silence, Edd placed his hands on the side of Matt's cheeks.
"I'd be lying if I said I never worried about those things too. But, somehow, I feel like we'd do a pretty good job with raising a child."
Edd embraced Matt in a long hug. Before Matt knew it, Edd begame limp in his arms.
He fell asleep.
Matt didn't blame him. He looked over to the oven clock, which read 2:30am. Matt wrapped the blanket around him before picking him up and carrying him to the bed. As soon as he layed beside Edd, he cuddled up with him.
He quickly fell back asleep.
-
Matt was nervous. He had something planned, but he didn't know if he should go with it. Even though Edd was more prone to staying at home at this stage of pregnancy, Matt persuaded him to going to the ice cream store with him.
As a date.
He got Edd a bowl of strawberry ice cream, while Matt got dark chocolate. They put some topping on them before sitting down at a table.
Edd was distracted for a few moments--this was the best ice cream they've ever had. So when he looked up to see Matt's head down in his arms, he was confused for a little bit.
But Edd soon realized why.
He saw a green case in the middle of the circular table. With a ring in it.
Matt looked up slightly, his face completely red.
"I-is... is it too soon?" Matt asked quietly, needing Edd's answer.
"Matt..." Edd began to say. He took the case and tried on the ring. "Yes, I will marry you."
Relief flooded through Matt. He could breathe again. "Oh, thank goodness," he said under his breath.
Edd slightly laughed as his flustered boyfriend--or, technically now, fiancé.
Looking at him, Edd realized he loved him more than anything else.
Ridiculously so.