Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

Time skip

It's getting late so we decided to call it a day and head back to Mr. Tazuna's house. Tsunami-San serve us dinner "thanks for the food, Tsunami-San. They're really good" I say smiling. I stood up, "I'm gonna head to bed now, goodnight guys" "goodnight, Y/N" I smile at them. I head upstairs to the room I share with Sakura and lay out my futon. I close my eyes and slowly fell asleep.

-Battle in the Bridge-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a week since the training to climb the tree started. The boys is still on it, trying to beat each other. I just shook my head at them. When will they just stop and actually get along without being a rival like this. It's so annoying sometime, they almost all the time blaming each other for stupid things.

Sasuke.... Always showing off that he's much cooler and much stronger than Naruto. Naruto.... The knucklehead who always push himself too much and refused to look weaker than Sasuke, which the result is various. But there are times when they actually get along. Along the training they're always comeback as a mess, scratches here and there. Today Naruto pushes himself too far. Resulting him being left by us.

We are on our way to the bridge to continue guarding Mr. Tazuna in building his bridge. But we are not prepared to see what's in front of us. People were scattered all around the bridge injured. Some is probably dead. "What's happening in here?!" Mr. Tazuna yell out. I sense one of them is still alive so I run forward and found the person. I let my mark grow fuchsia as I start to heal him.

After a while of healing him, he starts to regain consciousness. "Hey... You're awake. What's happening around here?" I ask him. "He's here!" Was all he said before he went unconscious again. I just stare at him confused.

Then the fog is starting to get thicker. "Zabuza..." I hissed his name. Then a maniac laugh was heard "sorry for the long wait and I see you've brought your pathetic group, the little one is trembling" "I'm trembling out of excitement" Sasuke smirk. He then create a clone everywhere. "Go on Sasuke" Kakashi-sensei said. He went to Attack all the clone. He manage to get rid of all the clone in matter of seconds "well done Sasuke" I compliment him. 'Is it just me? Or Sasuke is kind of blushing' I question myself when I notice there's a slight red on Sasuke's cheeks. But I ignore it and just think I'm hallucinating. Why would he be anyway.

Time-skip

(I'm gonna skip the battle since you all know and I kinda forget most of it. It's been a while since I've watched Naruto)

Sasuke almost died from battling against Haku, but I reach him in time and heals him. Naruto unleash his kyuubi chakra and went berserk on Haku resulting him to be injured badly.

In the end Haku died sacrificing himself to protect Zabuza. While he died fighting against Gato workers. It's really sad to see that. But that's how life is for shinobi, there will always be death everywhere.

We are currently preparing for our departure to return back to Konoha. The citizen gathered around to bid us goodbye. Inari, the little boy we've grown fond is there too.

Naruto and I is holding back our tears. We really didn't want to depart. Inari ran up to me and hug me tightly. He knew about my identity when I try to comfort him after Naruto's outburst. I told him everything.

Flashback

We are in the dining room. "Naruto! You're to harsh on him, he don't understand what we've been through" I yell at him. Naruto is shock at my outburst. After that Naruto just got up and storming out leaving Inari crying.

Inari got up and run away. "Inari!" Tsunami call out her Son. She was about to run after him but I stopped her "I'll handle it" I smiled. She hesitate for a minute before sighing and nod at me. I got up and left the room to look for the little boy. After a while of looking around I found him sitting in a dock still crying.

"Inari..." I say softly. He turn around and stare at me for a while before turning away. I walk to him slowly and place my hand on his head. He flinch, probably from the coldness of me. "W-why are you so cold?" I hesitated for a bit. "I can't tell you that... You're be scared of me" I say softly. We stayed in a peace silent. Then I start talking "you know... Naruto didn't mean to be so harsh...." He turn to look at me, confused. I smile at him "what he said... He went through the same situation.... He didn't even get to meet his parents... His parents is a hero, just like how your dad is" he smile softly. "He's always alone before I came to their village" "you mean you're..." "Yes, Inari.... I'm an outcast" he stayed silent waiting for me to continue. "I'm his first Friend. I notice how he was being treated by the villagers. I get why they're afraid of me. Naruto doesn't deserve to be treated the way he is. But then Naruto became determine to change. He wants to be the Hokage of the village so everyone would look up to him and respect him. What he said to you... He probably say that to himself zillion of time. So Inari... Don't take what he said seriously. Naruto he's the one to understand the pain you go through the most. Me too..." He nod after my explanation. "But... Y/N-Chan?" "Yeah?" "You said you understand why the villagers hates you.... Why they hate you?" He looks at me, his eyes told me that he really wants to know. I sigh "because I was born a Monster. A vampire to be precise" I say quietly. Inari was shocked but he smile "you're not a Monster... You're really friendly" I just wrap my arms around him in respond.

End of Flashback

Naruto and I promised Inari that we would visit soon. Inari hug me one more time before running back to his Mom, waving goodbye at me. I wave back with a soft smile on my face then we turn around and start our journey back to Konoha.

*to be continued*