Chapter 3

"Have you been here before?" The waitress asks as she hands us four menu's. We nod, eagerly wanting to just head straight up to the till. We are regulars at this restaraunt, and all four of us know our orders off by heart.

As the waitress walks away, I cast my eyes over the menu quickly. "Do you want me to stay and look after the bags whilst you guys go up and order?" I ask. As soon as the words fall from my mouth Grace stands up and practically runs over to the counter, shortly followed by Mary and Lacey. I am too good to my friends, I think as I pile all of the menus on top of eachother. 

I take out my phone and start scrolling through my twitter feed, occasionally retweeting and favoriting tweets that are relateable. From time to time I look up from my screen, only to see my friends are still waiting in the queue to order. I Instagram a picture of the menu, tagging Grace, Lacey and Mary in the caption. Soon after posting the picture, I receive a text from my 12 year old sister back at home, Hannah.

hey, have you seen that tris is in exeter right now? he tweeted a pic of him nd his sis in the car on their way out! hve fun, luv ya xoxoxo

For the second time this evening, my heart skips a beat. There is not way he can be on his way here, to Nando's, can he? I am awoken from these thoughts by Grace, who informs me that my meal has been ordered and payed for. I thank her, before putting my phone away - along with my thoughts.

 *** 

"Sorry, can we get some extra chips please?" Grace asks the waitress, before we all burst out giggling.

"Ok, so which are we going for first; Medium or Hot?" Lacey asks mid laughter. She is of course referring to the various heats of Nando's famous sauces, of which we have dared eachother to try. 

"We'll all just do Hot and then X Hot? It'll save time, as we have to be back in 45 minutes!" I remind them. I'm not normally one to care about being a few minutes late, but I already feel as if I'm annoying my dad anyway and don't want to do so any further.

"Yeah, that sounds good-" Mary says, interrupted by our chips arriving. I knew Mary would agree, as she's the most sensible of us all.

After lots more laughter and lots more water, we finish up our chips and desserts. Before we leave, Lacey and I head to the toilets to 'freshen up'. On our return, I find my iPod filled with silly faces and mug shots of Mary and Grace, who had obviously thought it'd be funny; of which it definitely was! I was half way through deleting the pictures when I heard three gasps escape my friends.

"What is i-" I say, before seeing the source of their shock.

Over on the table closest to the window was a tall guy, with a thin frame and relatively long blonde hair that hung just above his eyebrow. In his hair was a red bandana, that matched his red leapord print tee, paired with a leather jacket, red vans and black trousers. My analysing was cut short when his head turned, his eyes locking onto mine. After what felt like forever, he looked away again, looking at his table, and gave a small grin.

Even though I could only see the side profile, I already knew who this handsome guy was; my idol, Tristan Evans.