Chapter 7

Call or text? That was the question racing through my mind. It was now seven o'clock at night, and I had just waved Mary off as she walked down my driveway to head home. The night was cold, and the sky was already darkening. As I shut the door to the outside world, I stood against the inside of it. How can all of this have happened in the past twenty-four hours? I thought to myself as I walked up the stairs to my room.

Once there, I shut that door too, even though I was the only person in my house. I slipped off my shoes and took off my jacket. My Converse box was placed on top of the other boxes and my bag was put next to my bed as I fell onto it. None of this made sense; why would a celebrity ever give me their number? I pulled out my iPod and went onto twitter. After scrolling for a fair few minutes, I put my iPod into the dock and played my favourite playlist. The first few beats of The 1975's new album started to play.

I reached into my bag again, this time pulling out two items; my phone and the napkin. I created a new contact on my phone and typed in the number. With this done, I knew there was only one thing left to do, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I found myself gazing at the green 'call' button for a reasonably long amount of time, yet my lack in confidence shone through and I ended up formatting a text instead.

Hey, is this Tristan? :)

That didn't seem too bad for a first text, and so I hit send. I must admit, I had contemplated putting a few kisses onto the end, though I didn't want to seem too desperate or needy and so settled for a smiley face. It seemed casual enough, but as I locked my phone and laid back down onto my pillow I started to doubt it. Not long after, my phone screen lit up and beeped a tone that informed me I had a new message. Seeing Tristan's contact name beside the New Message symbol made my stomach drop, but I knew I had to open it. Upon doing so, it turned out my stomach wasn't the only thing to drop; my jaw was too.

It depends who this is - though I'm guessing it's Alice, and if so yeah it's me. ;) Did you get my follow beautiful? Xx 

There is NO way on earth that Tristan Evans had just called me of all people beautiful, but I knew I had to have a calm and non-fangirly response to reply with. I composed and sent the message, telling him that I had indeed gotten the follow, as had Mary, and thanked him. I also apologised for walking out the way I did. Practically as soon as I had hit send, I got a reply through.

Don't worry! I understand that people cope with meeting famous people in different ways, it can be hard. I hope you all had fun though! Xx

*** 

We continued to send eachother texts all evening, until he told me he had to go for band practice. It was only at this point that I was reminded of who he really was and what he did for a job. All the time that we had been texting, he was just a guy who I had met and fallen for. We laughed together, exchanged a few jokes and chatted about food and friends. We said our goodbye's, and I knew that my life could never be the same..