Three

-Chapter Three-
The Heat

True to his word Braxton and I left shortly after our discussion, to say I was less than thrilled with the idea of leaving when friends and family need us would be a huge understatement.

For the first time ever, I was genuinely mad at Braxton.

"Pout if you want to gorgeous, but this is something I will not budge on." He sounded tiresome.

As we rode on in silence I was beginning to feel antsy, I kept fidgeting and get frustrated with my seatbelt.

"Are we almost there?" I asked annoyed, "I need to get out of this car." I finished, feeling more than a little restless.

"We'll be pulling in soon."

And just like he said, we did in fact pull up to the familiar large lake house.

In the year that we have been together we did manage to get our house together as well as the lake house. Before, the lake house had seven rooms but most of the rooms were mainly doubling as storage so only three rooms were only ever used for company to stay in overnight.

Since then, Priscilla and I sorted through all of the random belongings, she kept some but sold off or donated most of it.

He had all of the bedrooms done over, we donated all of the old bunk beds and instead put twin beds into the rooms that way if couples stayed in the room they could push the beds together, other rooms had trundle beds so this offered more bedding for multiple people to sleep in the rooms.

Lastly my handsome boyfriend converted one room into a library just for me. With large comfy love seats and floor to ceiling bookshelves that lined the walls perfectly, only one wall was left bare and Braxton had a large window installed for maximum lighting and an amazing view of the trees and the lake.

Having planned to come to the lake house Braxton grabbed our bags out of the trunk and I used my keys to open the place up.

I turned off the alarm and turned on the lights.

I had to admit, it always felt good coming back to the lake house.

But even as I smiled at the place I felt...off.

"You okay gorgeous?"

I turned to see Braxton setting the bags down and locking the door behind him.

I nodded but he walked over to me, he caresses my face gently before taking me into his arms, I rested the side of my head against his body.

"You're heat has started." He acknowledged softly.

"Please don't leave me." I was scared, I didn't know what this whole 'Heat' would entail.

"I won't leave you, not tonight at least, but I may have to go to check on the pack...and like you pointed out, the guy could try and attack us for holding his sister and mate...a retaliation ambush."

I hated myself for even bringing it up now.

"Dumb question, but is it normal to feel so hot?"

He nodded sadly, "how about I set the alarm and meet you up in the room, I'll draw a cool bath for you to try and ease some of your discomfort."