Thirty-Five

-Chapter Thirty-Five-
Ivy Boyd
[ Braxton ]

My pack is large, and that is because technically it is made up of two towns, the town where we live (Everest Peak) and the town where the lake house is located (Grove Ridge).

It can get confusing as most packs are made up of one town...but my grandmother was the only daughter of an Alpha and my grandfather (her mate) was next in line to take his own Alpha father's place...so when they married the combined the packs and we've been Everest Grove Pack every since then.

Of course it comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.

But it was always great to "get away" to the lake house but knowing we truly weren't technically getting away since we were by default still on pack lands.

Which is great as an Alpha since I need to be with my pack as much as possible to ensure their constant safety and well-being.

Harper and I parted ways once we reached the town square, I noticed she stopped in at the bakery, and she's no doubt hit up the flower shop right next door, I wish I could join her as my wolf and I loved to see her excitement with small things like cupcakes and flowers.

But I really did have business to attend to.

"Hello sir, how may I help you?" A girl with jet black hair asked me as I entered the Boyd's law firm.

"Braxton Ocklan for Ivy Boyd." I said.

The young woman nodded her head precisely before she got up to announce me, it didn't take her long to return.

"If you would follow me sir."

I obliged her and followed behind her.

"Brax, you weren't kidding when you said you'd be right over." Ivy smiled as she came over to me.

We greeted eachother with a hug and a respectful kiss on both cheeks, "I told you Harper and I are at the lake house...we're actually here all weekend."

She nodded her understanding, "Well have a seat, I'm still printing out all of the documents but you can sign as they come out."

I nodded and helped myself to her own chair behind her desk, I reached for a pen and watched as she shook her head in a humored fashion.

She went to the printer and brought over a stack of papers, "Stapler please?"

I nodded and handed the stapler over to her, and I knew she'd also ask for a highlighter so I beat her to the punch.

She rolled her eyes but took it and sat in one of the chairs in front of her desk as she began to highlight various sections on the papers. "Here you go Brax start signing off on these and please date it as well." She said as she got up again and collected more papers from the printer and expertly explained the documents.

For as crazy and hardheaded as She, Ryder, and I could be...the three of us knew when to be serious...and right now I could see that she was filling that serious attorney role as she talked me through various sections of the papers.

I began signing the sheets in front of me while she repeated the process.

"...As you can see I've added a spouse line, when you are both ready I will have your Mate sign on those same lines, this will split your assests completely down the middle becoming the both of yours... she will have access to all of your money and properties as well as stocks, business ventures, land, and car titles."

"As I want her to." I said proudly, "It belongs to her."

"I really am happy for you Brax...how's Ryder?"

I stopped signing to give her my full attention.

Ivy is a Were who was born and raised on my lands, her family has a long lineage of family that are also from these lands and therefore she's shifted here and lives here...so she is without a doubt (in my eyes) one of my pack members.

But... because of business she techinically doesn't claim one pack or another... But she isn't a rogue as she isn't black listed by any pack either...in the Were communiuty, Weres such as Ivy are called Wanderers: Werewolves who have an original pack and will report back from time to time but wander through various packs with the blessing of their home Alpha (mostly for school/business) and the council.

With Ivy being a Wanderer she wouldn't be up to date on the latest pack information, which is why she wouldn't have known about my mate except for the fact that her father had filled her in.

What she also doesn't know is that Ryder is no longer my Beta, that his father died, that he's the new Garnet Hills Beta, or that he has a mate.

And for as good as they were when they ended things years ago, I still didn't know how she'd take all of this information.

"Uh Ryder's doing alright..., he is fixing to finish up school and getting ready to start his residency... unfortunately his father past away."

"Oh my goddess, I'm so sad to hear that." Ivy said with genuine concern now. "I know he wasn't extremely close to his dad, but despite how much he tried to hide it, I could tell he always tried to do things to get his father's approval."

I shrugged now, "they were able to spend his father's last moment on earth, together."

Ivy sighed heavily as she thumbed through the papers. "I should call him...I can't imagine he's taking this well, all alone and away from his family right now."

"Actually, he is no longer in our pack." I admitted.

"What happened?" She asked as she stapled what seemed to be the last of the papers.

"When his father passed away, he left the pack to him and his brother...Trace is Alpha now and Ryder's his Beta."

"Wow, I'm so sorry Brax, I know you two were like brothers." Ivy offered kindly.

I shrugged it off and finished up signing her marked areas on the papers. "It's cool, duty calls."

"I feel like you aren't telling me something."

I looked up at her, "He found his mate."

"When?" She asked, I could see the slightest sadness that glasses across her eyes.

While they weren't mates Ivy and Ryder had remained close, but I can't imagine getting over a significant other can simply be so easy.

"A couple of months back, I know I saw them together at Trace's presenting, but it could have even been before that...I don't know much about her other than her name is Zoe."

"But he's happy?" She asked with a small smile.

I nodded, "As much as mates can be."

"Then I'm genuinely happy for him."

It took me another two minutes to get things all signed and squared away but I finally stood up when I finished for good.

"I'll probably bring Harper by after we get married and everything starts settling down."

She nodded, "let me walk you out."

Once we reached the front she smiled and hugged me, I hugged her back and gave her our usual two cheek kisses I held her face as I looked at one of my oldest friends.

"I really hope you find your mate Ivy, You deserve one."

"Thanks Brax."