Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty-Six
Jealousy

Braxton was taking longer than I expected.

I looked down at my grocery bag and smiled, I had decided to make dinner for us tonight, but not just any dinner...Braxton's favorite childhood meal according to his mother. Meatball subs.

It seemed like a simple meal, but she told me all about how much he use to love them growing up, and I wanted to bring that little bit of nostalgia back for him.

I looked across the street and saw the Boyd Law Firm that Braxton said he would be at and as much I wanted to look around at the other little shops I really did need to find him and get this meat refrigerated before it went bad.

I walked across the street and let myself into the building. A raven haired beauty probably close in age to myself smiled at me and greeted me upon entry.

"I'm just waiting on my boyfri- I mean my Fiancé." I corrected myself with a laugh, "I'm still adjusting to that." I admitted.

"No problem," She smiled "Mister Ocklan?"

I nodded.

"He is back in the office...would you care to join him?"

I shook my head, "Oh no, I'd hate to interrupt them...I know he had business to tend to...if you don't mind, could I just wait out here."

"Of course, please make yourself comfortable, can I get you something to drink, we have water, coffee, and bottle green tea." She offered kindly.

"I'll take a water please."

She nodded once again and smiled before getting up to go over to a door, she disappear and brought me a bottle of water.

I thanked her and waited quietly. After what was probably 5 minutes I got on my phone and scrolled through memes.

Those familiar butterflies began to stir within me and I knew My Braxton was close by, I watched as he walked out of a door with a jawdropping blonde bombshell.

This girl was older than me for sure, there was something so elgantly luxurious about her as she seemed to radiate opulance and grace. She was tall like Elise so I had no doubts that she was a Were, her blonde hair fell down her back carefully in well placed blowdried curls.

I watched as Braxton hugged her and then took it upon himself to kiss her, and not just once. He held her face in his hands in a caring fashion as he said something, but I was too pissed to hear what he said.

Quick business, my ass...I was livid.

It was then that he turned and saw me, a look of concern filled his face as he looked at me, I knew his wolf would pick up on my mood...damn werewolf mark.

I tried to play it cool, last thing I would do was lose my shit in front of this woman.

"You all ready to go?" He asked sweetly.

I nodded and let him lead me out of the building.

Unfortunately the little town was apparantly part of Braxton's pack so the people that filled the streets greeted us both very graciously. And as upset as I might have been I could never direspect them.

I walked all the way to the car without so much as word to him and even opened my own door when I reached the car.

I knew myself well enough to know that I was too hurt and emotional to speak to him rationally without yelling or crying because I was so hurt. So once I was in the car I put the bags on the back seat, pulled on my sunglasses and buckled up before I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.