Damage Goods- Chapter Twenty-three

The limo drove up to the Edmunds mansion; it was even bigger than Josephs.

“What is it with Vampires having big mansions” I said to Amelia.  Everyone giggled in the limo. The limo stopped at the entrance, and Christopher and Amelia where the first to enter the ball “See you two later” I said.

I and Joseph slowly made our way into the mansion, it was beautiful the entire mansion was all neutral colours, it suited the home nicely.

“Welcome, Joseph” Edmund greeted Joseph by shaking is hand.

“Caroline” Edmund said amusingly, and took my hand and kissed it.

“How are you both?” Edmund asked, he was wearing a white tux with a blue tie, it was the same style as Josephs but Joseph wore a black tux with a black bow tie.

“Very well, however I am curious why you invited us here” I said in the politest way possible.

“Ah, so very polite, maybe Joseph could take a lesson from you. I shall tell you both later, but for now enjoy” his arms opened up whilst he Edmund spoke.

I and Joseph walked off into the ball room; it looks mostly like the rest of the mansion- white and pure.  

There was a huge space as to where people could dance and on the outside of that dance space was tables and chairs. There was a band playing music when we entered and they were at the front of the dance floor.  They were playing a classical song, and there were people already on the dance floor dancing.

“Care to dance?” Joseph asked

“That would be lovely” I answered, he took me by the hand and guided me to the dance floor, he bowed and we started to dance a century old waltz. He put his hand on my waist gently, and we linked hands and started to flow with the music.

“You look so beautiful in that dress” he whispered in my ear.

“I love you in a tux” I whispered back.

“You’re quite the dancer” he said.

It was time for the couples to swap partners, so Joseph quickly whispered in my ear “Why do I have to share you with everyone else?” and then spun me around and I fell into Christopher’s arms.

“You haven’t been drinking have you?” he said jokily, and we both laughed.

“Hmm he dancers and I didn’t even have to beg” I joked

“Well Amelia insisted that we danced” Christopher said.

“Christopher, as Amelia’s best friend, it is my best interest to see her happy”

“What are you trying to suggest” he asked

“Just don’t mess her around, she doesn’t deserve it” I whispered so that no one would hear. That was all I could say before I got spun around again.

I was in Tyler’s control now.

“You look stunning if it isn’t obvious”

“Thank you” I said

We kept on dancing slowly and in time with everyone else.

Joseph point of view

I was dancing with Amelia she was quiet around me.

“Why so shy?”

“You hurt Tyler, you don’t get me sucking up to you” Amelia said

“Do you truly love Caroline?” Amelia asked me whilst looking over to her.