Damage Goods- Chapter Six

I opened the diary and started to read.

17th August 1547

Dear Diary

Today I met two gentlemen who are staying in our household. They are very pleasant, Joseph and Christopher. My father has invited them to stay, though I’m not certain why. They are both very charming and handsome.

However I feel like they are hiding something just like I am.

22nd August 1547

Dear Diary

Today was a strange day. I released that Joseph and Christopher are two loyal brothers; however Joseph seems to be the leader. Christopher seems to do anything that the Joseph wants.  It’s almost as if Joseph is very powerful and Christopher is scared of that. It makes me scared of him.

My father encouraged me to go for a walk with Joseph around the grounds of our house. I was relaxed until we stopped and sat on a bench and he said to me “you are the most charming, beautiful, fascinating women I have had every the pleasure of meeting”. I found it scary, why he said I was fascinating. So I questioned him. He answered “I know what you are; the most powerful witch ever, and I have found it fascinating of what your father has told me about you.” I was amazed that my father told him what I was. He has never trusted anyone before because he thought that people would try to execute me as I was different. I tried to get up but he held my arm with amazing strength so I sat back down. “Please hear the rest of what I’m going to say. I’m different from the humans too. I’m a demon of the night” he said. I knew that he was a vampire; there have been a few attacks in the area recently. I was very scared and he knew I was. So he quickly said “but I’m like you. Different. I and my younger brother Christopher are the only ones of our kind. Original Vampires”. I then asked what Original vampires were. He said that they were special vampires; they were the oldest of all of the Vampires ever. They had started the creation of Vampires. He explained to me how Vampires have special power; unbelievable strength, extremely fast, quick healers and the power of compulsion- to mess with peoples mind.  I was amazed why he had told me all of this. He then moved closer to me and I felt his soft lips on mine. I wasn’t sure why I didn’t pull back; I just let him kiss me before the servants announced that dinner was ready, and then I rushed off.

23rd August 1.30 am

I found out after dinner why my father told Joseph and Christopher about my powers, he wanted me to find love but he wanted me to be with someone powerful, so they could look after me. But I didn’t find this out from my father; I found it out from Christopher. He told me that Joseph compelled my father so that they could stay, and then he made my father tell them about my secret. I knew that Christopher was trying to help but I knew I shouldn’t trust him because he was still loyal to his older brother.

I knew from then that I was in great danger and that I needed to get away. But how could I sneak away from two original vampires and never be found again?

Suddenly there was a deep voice in the corner of the living room- in the shadows

“Still keeping a diary I see.., still keeping memories...”

I was frozen in shock. It was him!