Chapter 17

Nico's P.O.V.

I feel bad. Will is probably going to be up all night. But I can't tell him. He won't understand. He'll probably say something really cheeful, then expect me to move on.

But he loves you, a voice in the back of my head said. He'll try and help you.

No. My life doesn't work that way. Everybody I love or get close to, ends up getting hurt. It's all my fault, too. My mother died because I was born. Bianca died because I promised myself that I'd keep her safe. My family died because of me. I should have been thinking about it more.

I can't get close to anybody. That's the only way to protect them. I should have thought about that more, but as I think back, it hasn't come across my mind in a while. I throw myself on the bed. I try to keep myself from wrapping up in a burrito and falling asleep.

I failed, horribly. The blanket burritos feel good, okay. I wished that tonight would be dreamless, but my luck is the worst.

In my dreams, I'm in a dark corridor. I see something at the end of it. I want to reach it, for some reason. It has the form of a man, but he looks food deprived and very weak. He had blonde curly hair, but it looks faded.

He looks at me, and a huge smile appears on his face. Then I know why I must reach him. It's Will. Will. Food deprived, possibly bleeding, and he looks very hurt in this darkness. But he can still manage my favorite smile.

Just for me.

I wake up with, startled. There is somebody standing over me, but I cant see that good yet. He slides his hand across my cheek, and I know that it's Will. My eyes adjust to being open, and I can see that it's my Will. The healthy, radiant, full-of-life Will. I put my hand on his, and I can feel something wet on his fingers.

Had I been crying?

"Will?" I asked, looking at the clock. It was almost midday. Had I been alseep that long? The dream only seemed to last a few minutes.

"I'm here," he said in a soothing tone. He bent down and kissed me. I love his kisses.

"Why are you here?" I asked, my voice a little raspy from sleeping.

"I wanted to check on you," he said. "You didn't come to breakfast. I got worried." I gave Will one of my rare smiles.

"But when I knocked on the door, I heard a small scream," he said. "It sounded like my name, so I ran in and saw you thrashing around in your bed saying things like: 'Why?' 'Who did this?' 'No! My Will'," he smirked at the last one, "so I woke you up."

I blushed. "Thanks." I was about to wrap myself back into my burrito, when Will jumped into bed with me. He wrapped his arms around me. My human burrito.

I know that I shouldn't get close to him. It wouldn't end well for him. I wouldn't be able to live with it if something happened to him. I should break up with him... to protect him, of course. I'll do something to anger the Gods, and they'll punish me through him.

But I'm just too selfish.

I let him comfort me. I let him pull me close to his chest. I let him kiss me a few more times. I let myself stay close to him.

"I'm sorry," I said, "I'm just worried."

"What?" Will asked, confused. I didn't feel like I needed to explain. He'll figure it out when he thinks about it. Will smiles. "Don't worry. As long as you're okay." Gods, he thinks fast.

He kisses me one last time, and we just lay there in a comfortable silence.

When I woke up, I reached to put my hand on Will's chest. But where his chest should be, there was only air. In other words:

Will was gone!

_________________________________________________________________

(A/N) There's a cliff hanger. I'm not sorry. ... Gods, I sound like Rick Riordan. Well at least I'm not making you wait a year. Just... couple of hours. I post a lot, alright? It's a bad habit. XD But I seriously hope that all of my readers are enjoying the story!

Question: Opinions on blanket burritos?

My asnwer: Best. Thing. Ever.

Hope you guys enjoyed! Thanks for reading!