Chapter 24

Nico's P.O.V.

I open my eyes, and find myself struggling to see anything at all. It's painful to look at. It isn't like a bright light, more of a bright darkness. If that makes any sense. A darkness so intense that it hurts.

I try to stand up, but my hands are in some sort of chains. I give out a loud groan. Most Cyclopes are pretty dumb.

I just shadow travel away. I will myself to go to Python's lair. I'm pretty sure that Apollo should be there by now. Unless that was his help. Him killing the Cyclopes in the tunnel entrance. I kind of did fight alongside him there. He killed like... fifty thousand and I ran away from three.

When I stepped out of the shadows, I nearly broke down. A large circle of people. All of them unconscious. They were cut up horribly. I saw one person with broken legs.

"Python!" I shouted. "Come and face me, whimp!" Nobody messes with my sunshine! I do not care what his reason was. He hurt Will, therefore, he nearly killed me!

"Apollo?" The voice rang. It was smooth, and sorta low and high at the same time. You could hear the evil that rang in his voice.

"Nico di Angelo, Son of Hades, and Protector of Will Solace," I said. And I was Will's protector. If anybody dared to hurt my man, they were going down!

"So I finally meet the little Angel," Python sneers. "You sound like a taste treat."

I was not liking his aditude. I pulled out my sword. It was almost invisible in the darkness.

"You do not wish to fight me," Python said. "Nobody has beaten me since Apollo."

"Apollo isn't coming! That's why he gave me this quest." I was getting tired of hearing Python ramble on about Apollo. The God already talks about how great he thinks he is way too much. I don't need a snake doing it too.

I walk over to the person with the broken leg and inspect him a little. If the Python wasn't going to fight me, I wouldn't give him an obvious reason to. The person had short, shaggy hair. His skin had a nice golden tan. If he were to smile, it would probably light up this cave.

I gasped in realization. Will!

No, no, no, no, no! I knew that Will was here, but I didn't know that he looked this horrible!

I turned around, and started to run twords Python. I'm too weak to summon help, so I go with what I have. I slashed my sword at him, and he easily dodged. Will is hurt! I tell myself. You need to save him! Who knows all the things that could be wrong with him! I keep stabbing and jabbing at Python, but every time I hit his scales, nothing happens. Python let's out a loud hiss and tries to bite me. I dodge quickly, barely making it out of the way. The scales must be like some sort of armor.

I start to aim for the mouth. "Only a God can defeat me," Python says. He goes to bite me, and for some reason...

I can't move. I need to dodge. I need to get out of the way of his mouth. I'm not scared, or worried about myself. I'm just... frozen. I stare into his mouth. His fangs look extra sharp for some reason. And his breath reeks.

He's about two feet away from my face. Then I hear a loud crashing sound. I look up.

Somebody dressed in black is standing at the top of a hole that's right above... a huge pile of rocks that should be Python.

"Father?" I ask. He smiles.

"Nobody is allowed to mess with my Neeks," he said. Neeks? Why?

I blush. "I don't need your help, I was doing fine." There was a short pause. "But thanks."

The pile of rocks rumble, and Python erupts from the rocks. "He's kinda still alive," I state.

Hades summons an army of skeletons. There were about fifteen dozen skeletons hacking away at Python. I didn't want to wait to see the results. I ran to Will.

"Can you get the rest?" I asked. Hades nodded. I picked Will up bridal style, and ran out of the cave.

By the time we got close to the camp is when all of what happened sank in. Will couldn't walk and would have to be in the infirmary. He might be poisoned or his cut might be infected. All I know was that his cuts were a little too red.

We entered camp grounds. I was still carrying Will Solace and Hades had the other Apollo kids being carried by skeletons.

As we walked to the Apollo cabin, we were forced to walk by a crowd of cheering campers at the dinning pavilion. Apparently it was time for dinner. I just hope that they didn't see the few tears I'd let escape. I won't wipe away the tears that I shed for Will, so I can only hope that nobody else sees them.

Hades carried the other Apollo kids to the Apollo cabin, but I brought Will to the infirmary. I've helped out here a little so I knew how to keep him sort of alive.

I was hooking him up to a machine that would put nutrition into his body when I heard a noise. It was coming from Will. I could barely make it out but it sounded like "My angel."

Will was dreaming about me. Will, the most perfect person alive, was dreaming about me. Me, a child of Hades, ruler of the dead. And Protector of Will Solace, I thought. I felt a tear slip down my cheek. It's been hard today. It was hard yesterday, too. But I still have Will. So I can live with it.

I'm his angel.

____________________________________________________

(A/N) This chapter was sorta cheesey and cliche. I'm sorry! I'm not a very good writer so.....

But next chapter might be sorta sad. I'm going to try to get some feels working there. But hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!