Chapter 21

Will's P.O.V.

I wake up again. I prefer when I'm awake. It makes me hurt, but at least I can see... sort of. I look at my arms and legs. My arms are cut. Probably from being carried through a thick forest. My legs look broken. My capturer probably did that intentionally.

"So he will come." Those words came into my mind at the thouht of my kidnapper. He took all of the Apollo children, so obviously, he wants Apollo to come for him. But who could want to destroy Apollo that much.

I think about all of the Greek "myths" that I've studied. When I got to the ones about Orcales, that's when I remembered. My capturer wasn't human.

He was far, far worse.

Innocent lil' Nico's P.O.V.

I ran to find Chiron again. The words of the prophecy were ringing in my head. Especially the last line.

"Even though he isn't alone, he will still be in tears."

What could that mean? The person took all of the Apollo campers. I wouldn't cry if most of them died... well, I wouldn't cry in public. Not for any Apollo camper. Then I got to thinking. What if Will dies? Would you cry for him? My eyes started to tear up just thinking about Will. The way he would come up with all sorts of crazy nicknames. The way he was, at first, oblivious to my affection that I showed. Just the way that he could smile in any situation.

A small tear escaped my eye as I ran. I just let it stay on my cheek. Wiping away that tear would be like saying "Will, if you die, don't expect me to cry." I just couldn't do it. That tear was going to go away on its own. That tear was going to die of its own natural causes.

I found Chiron by the canoe lake, chatting with some Neireids. "I have my prophecy," I said, more bravely than I felt.

'"What are the first two lines?" He asked.

"The child of death shall quest alone,
To retrieve the people missing from home."

"The child of death is obviously me," I said. "And the people missing from home are the Apollo kids." I guess I do consider this place a home. Everything that I love is here. Will is here. Or should be here...

"Keep going," Chiron said.

"He shall travel to a place where the sun doesn't shine,
And shall battle alongside one of the divines."

"Travel where the sun doesn't shine," Chiron said." Well, that has to be underground." It took all of my strength to not roll my eyes and say "Oh really?"

"And battle together with a God," I said. "That has to be Apollo."

"But who would want to destroy Apollo that badly?" Chiron asked. We both went through our memory. Now I bet you're thinking "Shouldn't Chiron be able to figure it out in a second?" Well, the answer is "No." Chiron has a few thousand years worth of information in that brain of his. I'm more likely to find it first.

"Python," Chiron said. "Python would do that to get Apollo's attention. He can't take over the Oracle of Delphi, so he has to do something almost as bad." About me finding it first... I stand corrected.

"So Python must be in a cave," I said. "But Camp Half-Blood doesn't have any caves." Chiron smiled.

"There is one cave. But it is filled to the brim with monsters," he said.

"Thanks!" I yelled over my shoulder as I ran to the armory. I had to get suited up for this. I wasn't going to bother to tell him the last two lines. I have my suspicions about what the last one means, but I don't want Chiron to confirm it. I want Will to be alive, wrapped up safely in my arms.

I don't care how many monsters I need to fight. I don't care how many times I'll get close to death. I am death! And I am going to save Will! I can't  keep all of those memories with him unless I know that I'll make more! I need Will in my life! Without him, life isn't much for me.

I need Will, and he needs me. If only for right now.

______________________________________________________________

(A/N) okay, so I made that last line "If only for right now" sound like they're about to break up. But don't worry! Once you start Solangelo, there isn't any end! Hope you guys enjoyed! Leave your opinions in the comments! There will be more to come! But probably not today because I still have a headache. Please forgive me.