Letters In The Sand - Chapter 7

Chapter Seven * Eden

I arrived at Lisa house at half eleven. I didn't bother to ring the door bell I walked in the house as I pasted the kitchen I saw Lisa's mum washing up dishes in the sink.

"Hey Grace" I called out to her

"Oh, hello Eden Lisa's in her room" She said turning back to the sink. I walked up to Lisa's room. As I walked in the door the scent of strong perfume hit me as I opened the door.

"Lisa, how much of that stuff have you put on?" I asked walking over to the window to open it.

"Do you like it? It's Ted Baker" She told me I sat down on her bed. Lisa's room was very girly, she had white walls apart from the wall that her bed was up against that wall was a dark pink. It had pictures all over it pictures of her, pictures of me, pictures of her and me, pictures of her family, pictures of the boys she had dated and tons of pictures of girls night's out. My favorite picture was the picture of me and Lisa at the beach last summer.

"You, know Ryan Luke's friend, the one I like. Well Luke told me that he's dying to see me. So do you think that means he likes me?" Lisa was mumbling on at the speed of light, something about Ryan. I nodded and shook my head at what I hope were the right places. My mind was full of James he had to stay home because his parents were worse and if they get into another fight he needs to be there to try and stop them from killing each other. James's face when he told me about them in the forest earlier popped into my head. His eyes were full of worry and concern and when he kissed me he was more urgent about it as if are time together was limited.

"Eden, earth to Eden. God were you even listening to me. What should I say to him?" she asked.

"I have no idea, but you should start with 'hi' that's always a good thing to say" I said, raising my eyebrows at her. She stuck her tongue out at me

"Ha, ha. Where's James I thought you two were joint at the hip"

"He's with his parents, there at each others throats again." I sighed, I missed him.

"Oh god, Eden we're going to have a good time today. And your going to forget about him" she told me walking towards the desk.

"Never" I whispered to myself. I would never forget James.

"Lisa, I'm leaving unless you want to walk. I would get your butt down here" Luke shouted up the stairs

"Come on" Lisa said pulling me up from the bed. We ran down the stairs.

"Hey Eden" Luke said pulling me into the hug. We walked down to Luke's car an old red convertible. We got in with Luke behind the wheel me next to him and Lisa in the back. As we whizzed down too the beach I closed my eyes letting the warm air wash pass my face blowing my hair out behind me. Today was going to be a good day.

When we got to the beach we could see a bunch of people on towels there was a huge stereo in the middle of them, they were laughing. I could see a mini fridge surrounded my packs of beer. I was sure that there would be more alcohol inside the fridge. As we reached the group, I recognized a few of them Oscar was tall, not as tall as Luke or James but he was still quite tall, he had short brown hair spiked up into a common style and blue eyes. Then there was Ry he was not as tall as Oscar he had brown hair in the same style as Oscar they were both good looking not as good looking has James but not bad. There was a girl called Ruby who I also recognized she had long red hair, to match her name I thought, she was wearing a long blue dress. She was very pretty she smiled at Luke, something about her smile made me feel jealous. But I pushed the feeling back to wherever it came from.