Letters In The Sand - Chapter 22

Chapter Twenty-two * Oscar

"What happened" asked Luke studying my face.

"We were sitting on her bed watching a thing about extreme weddings; you know getting married under water that kind of thing, Molly was telling me a story about how she never wanted to get married after she's seen what happens if it goes wrong with her mum.

"we were laying down now when I asked if she would marry George Colony 'No' was her reply I continued to list names, Orlando Bloom, Johnny Deep, Brad Pitt, Christian Bale the answer was no to all of them.

"Fine would you marry Luke I asked 'no', Ry 'no', Harry 'no'. I gave up

"you know who I would marry" Molly said looking up at me with big hazel eyes

"who" I asked

"I would marry you Oscar" she whispered in my ear.

"I knew in that moment that I loved her." My heart swelled thinking about Molly, my Molly. Luke was staring off into the distance. I had to lighten the mood

"So now I'm set, have you seen anyone you like?" I asked him, Luke sighed

"No" he lied I could see it in his eyes

"Come on there has to be someone and don't tell there's nobody. I can tell there is. You're a terrible liar" I said making fun of him.

"God you're such a git there's nobody" Luke said smiling, he really was a terrible liar

"Whatever you say liar" I punched him playfully on the shoulder "I will find out" I promised.

"Whatever you won't find anything"

"We'll see" the rugby came back on and we started to watch again I looked over at Luke he was in a world of his own. Then I remember his reaction when molly said something about Eden his head shot up his eyes searching Molly's face for any sign's of distress, when he found nothing he looked down at his beer with a thoughtful look on his face what had he been thinking of. This person he liked couldn't be Eden, could it?