Letters In The Sand - Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen * Eden

"James? What's wrong" I had just got home. When the doorbell rang James was waiting outside the door. His eyebrows were knotted together and his green eyes were flaring.

"Come with me" He said. I followed him as he walk to his car he held the door for me.

"Where are we going? James what's happened?" I got no answer he just pulled away from my house and started driving, he was clutching at the steering wheel, his knuckles where white. James started to slow down; I looked out the window and recognized the place at once. We were at the cliff. I got out the car and walked to the bench the night was warm a soft breeze blew my hair in my face I pushed it aside looking for James. I turned back to the bench he was sitting there now his head in his hands.

"James, what's happened" I asked sitting next to him leaning on his shoulder.

"It's happened, were leaving tomorrow" he whispered

"No..." was all I could say he looked up at me his green eyes soft, I felt a single tear fall down my cheek. James' was leaving. He pulled me into his lap and kissed the tear away his lips were warm and soft on my face.

"My parents had their worst fight ever last night, so mum just stormed up stairs and started packing bags throwing dads stuff all over the place. She was screaming at me and dad telling me to pack my things. I did." He told me looking out at the darkening sky above us

"We're going tomorrow to live with my aunt in Scotland, Eden." Was all he said