Letters In The Sand - Chapter 39

Chapter Thirty-nine * Eden

"Eden...Eden...Eden" he voice called it was full of worry I opened my eyes slowly to see a face to match the voice. It was a face full of concern, Luke. My head hurt. I tried to recall what happened before the blackness. The last thing I remembered was James's eyes, the terrifying green eyes.

"Hey, how's your head?" Luke asked me. My head was thumping, it felt like someone was tap dancing on my brain but I wasn't going to tell Luke that.

"I'm fine" I lied. Luke smiled his perfect smile and helped me sit up I lent against his chest he smelt of smoke from the bonfire. "What happened with James" I asked I hated not knowing what had happened

"We sorted him out" Luke said with a smile

"You didn't hurt him, did you?" I didn't like James but I didn't want him to get hurt.

"Just his pride and maybe his nose a little" Luke laughed, his whole face lighting up. I looked around me, me and Luke were sitting on are own I could see the others sitting around the bonfire. I tried to stand up.

"Hey, where you going?" Luke asked pulling me down to sit next down to him.

"To see the others" I said leaning into Luke again "But I can stay" Luke laughed at me. I looked at him and them rested my head on his chest again.

"Luke you're covered in blood. Are you sure you didn't hurt him"

"he'll live" luke replied, he glanced down at his t-shirt it was splattered with blood and his hand was covered in the red liquid. He took of his t-shirt and wiped his hand.

We sat there staring into the darkness the only sound was our heartbeats and the sound of the waves softly caressing the sand. The moment was so perfect I never wanted it to end. But Lisa had other ideas.

"Eden, your awake" She shouted as she ran down the beach "Oh my god you were out for ages, we reckoned you just went to sleep after a while. I can't believe James did that, you should of seen his face when I slapped him that really hurt my hand you know. And when luke punched him..." Me and Luke sat there while Lisa rambled on at us.

"What is she going on about?" I whispered to Luke, he shrugged, well that made two of us.

"Lisa, Lisa slow down. What are you going on about?" I asked her

"Oh, sorry. I just so happy I've had such a good time" she was beaming.

"Don't worry I'm fine thanks for asking" I said giving her a look. Her face dropped.

"Oh sorry. How's your head?" she asked crouching down next o me

"I think I'll survive" I whined theatrically putting my hand to my forehead and leaning heavily into Luke. I looked up at him he was smiling down at me. I put my head on his shoulder and smelt his skin he still smelt of the bonfire but I loved the smell just the same. Suddenly I remembered that Lisa was watching us. I looked up at her. She was just sitting there smiling

"I knew it" she smiled at me "I knew it would happen ever since Luke saw you the day I broke your car" She knew? I was surprised. We hadn't been that obvious, had we? Lisa sat beside me grinning I looked up at Luke he had the same look of surprise on his as I was sure I had on mine.

"Is that it? No questions, no nothing?" I was almost disappointed when Lisa shook her head.

"Just one thing" she said looking up at Luke "You won't be like James, will you?" Luke grinned at her

"No, never" was all he said.

"Good, then I'm okay with it" She said looking at me again "you have my blessing" she joked. Just as she said that Luke wrapped his arm around waist and kissed me on the top of my head.

"Aww" Lisa joked "Are you going too tell the others now or is it still a secret" Lisa's eyes were full of excitement she loved secrets. I glanced up a Luke. He was looking down at me with shinning blue eyes.

"What shall we do" I asked "do you think we can trust her" I joked glancing at Lisa.

"I think we are going to have to. I don't think I can stand all the questions from Molly. What about you?"

"God, your right Molly wouldn't shut up would she, I don't think I can stand that, not tonight." I looked at Lisa "can you keep a secret?"

She grinned and hugged me.