nine.

Saturday, Ayanna

I woke up at 12 and smiled. No kids. No husband in the house. No one but me. That's what I like. Like I love my family, but I need some alone time sometimes.

Sam and Quenton went to their friends' house and Amaya went to Andrea's house to spend time with her cousins.

I put on a pair of khaki shorts and one of my old Supreme shirts. I went downstairs and saw Quavo putting stuff in the fridge.

"Damn I thought you was gon sleep the day away." He dropped the hot dogs into a bowl of water.

"Whatever boy. What time this barbecue of yours supposed to start?"

"I told everybody two thirty so you know they gone be here at three." I nodded. Black people got they own interpretation of time and how it works.

"Mkay. Need some help?" I leaned against the granite counter.

"Start the grill for me." He pointed to the bag of charcoal. I picked it up and walked to the backyard. I picked up the lighter fluid, charcoal, and torch and quickly lit the charcoal after I poured the lighter fluid on it.

"Look at ya." Quavo said while coming outside with a silver pan in his hand. It had seasoned hamburgers and several rolls of corn on the cobs. It looked well seasoned.

"Let big daddy show ya. I don't want you to burn ya nail or some." He laughed. I pushed his shoulder before he put the hamburgers on the grill. He put five on there then shut the grill. "Aye, can you get me a plate and some lumim foil?" I laughed then nodded. His country ass.

I went to the kitchen and pulled down two glass plates and got the whole box of aluminum foil. I went back outside. Quavo was sitting in one of the lawn chairs.

"Aww, big daddy tired already?" I chuckled. He rolled his eyes. I got the burgers off the grill and put the rest of them on there. "What time do you-"

"Five Ayanna." I looked at him and held my hands up in surrender.

"Just asking a question. I'll put a plate up for you." I shrugged and looked at the burgers. They were still pink.

"I'm just pissed. They always want us on tour. They acting like a nigga don't have kids. Don't have a wife. Don't have a family. Don't got a damn life. I got other shit to do that go on tour all the time."

I nodded. "Make a diss track then baby." He laughed then snapped his fingers on his left hand.

"Yo, a nigga just might. You know how Cube had fuck twelve? Ima have fuck QC the label."

I laughed then rolled my eyes. "Yeah fuck QC, fuck QC, pull on yo block and I spray my peepee." I rapped while getting the brown hot dogs out of the grill. I laid them on the plate while Quavo laughed.

"You could've said heat or anything. But you said pee." He laughed. "You into that R Kelly shit or somethin?"

"Qua!" I heard a voice yell. I turned around and let out a low groan.

I'm finna beat both they ass.